Window lift channels badly rusted - 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a replacements for my window lift channels in all doors of my HJ60 (1982) because they are badly rusted.
I am not able to find any OEM or aftermarket spare parts.
Anybody a solution?

FRONT DOOR:
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 09.54.18.png

BACK DOOR:
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 10.02.29.png

PART NUMBERS:
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 10.01.01.png

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 10.01.27.png

Cruiserworld.eu
Being where you are that would be first choice.
Post this up in Classifieds under ISO. In Search Of. See what pops up. But I think
others will have ideas.

I need a replacements for my window lift channels in all doors of my HJ60 (1982) because they are badly rusted.
I am not able to find any OEM or aftermarket spare parts.
Anybody a solution?

FRONT DOOR:
View attachment 3542987
BACK DOOR:
View attachment 3542986
PART NUMBERS:
View attachment 3542989
View attachment 3542988
Off topic thread hijack but have you had to upgrade/change you blinkers/headlights/mirrors to meet any EU compliances? I'm looking to import my FJ60 from Texas to Munich in the summer and wanted to maybe get ahead of any TUV grief.

Off topic thread hijack but have you had to upgrade/change you blinkers/headlights/mirrors to meet any EU compliances? I'm looking to import my FJ60 from Texas to Munich in the summer and wanted to maybe get ahead of any TUV grief.
No, because I have an European car. But I don't think you need to change anything. Lots of American import cars driving around here.

Last edited:
No, because I have a European car. But I don't think you need to change anything. Lots of American import cars driving around here.
Thanks for the input. I'm currently debating how far to veer off of original. It already had had header installed and has been de-smogged. Was thinking of converting to EFI and getting a 5 speed installed. But again, am worried of running afoul of TUV. lol

Thanks for the input. I'm currently debating how far to veer off of original. It already had had header installed and has been de-smogged. Was thinking of converting to EFI and getting a 5 speed installed. But again, am worried of running afoul of TUV. lol
I would do an emission test at home and see if this would give problems with TUV. Everything else I would only convert if the TUV says it is necessary during the import procedure. Otherwise you are wasting money on something unnecessary while the TUV finds you need to convert something you didn't think about. Just give yourself some time in Germany for the process and possible adjustments. Saves a lot of worrying and money. Public transport is working well in Munich and you could also get around by bicycle.

I would do an emission test at home and see if this would give problems with TUV. Everything else I would only convert if the TUV says it is necessary during the import procedure. Otherwise you are wasting money on something unnecessary while the TUV finds you need to convert something you didn't think about. Just give yourself some time in Germany for the process and possible adjustments. Saves a lot of worrying and money. Public transport is working well in Munich and you could also get around by bicycle.
Good stuff, thanks. Yes, am familiar with Munich, have lived here 20 years. ;) Only just now getting around to ship my 60 over...not sure why I waited so long, sure do miss her.

Luke, do you know Coen who’s got the Red FJ60 in Meerlo NE? He bought a donor body to finish his 83 that had rust and has spent time with Cruiser World guys there in NE. He also has some contacts for welder fab guys. If you want his contact get on IG and look up “projectlandcruiser”. He’s a good kid and a resource hog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom