Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You should make these too, great concept for the ashtrays

69558700-3466-47F4-B281-CE14280A05DE.jpeg

Make 18: Third Row Cup Holder Replacement Panel

Hey @BenCC - Any possibility of doing a M18V3?--which has 2x of the 12V sockets (instead of 1x 12V and 1x 120V)--I dont have a need for AC 120V at that spot (and don't have an inverter nor plans to put one in at this time) so would like 2x 12V sockets there. Emailing you as well. Ready to buy a few items and this on is high on my list.

Hey guys, I got a package from Ben today, so he's still out there shipping stuff. Admittedly I have paid for another part and it wasn't included in this shipment and he hasn't communicated with me in a while so he must be busy with life... as in the past he's always communicated promptly and been a great guy to deal with.

I ordered a part on Nov 9th and have yet to receive it. What are the timelines on placing your order and receiving your items. I have had some communications with him, but not for a while. I am tempted to get my money back and forget about it. I ordered some other items last summer and the transaction was without issue.

Last edited:
I ordered a part on Nov 9th and have yet to receive it. What are the timelines on placing your order and receiving your items. I have had some communications with him, but not for a while. I am tempted to get my money back and forget about it. I ordered some other items last summer and the transaction was without issue.
Not going to lie, I need some things, but the recent lack of communication for a few months, has made me not order. I know his reputation and stuff is well here, but that seems to be in a momentary lapse. Ill order when/if I see more positive comments about communication. Hoping you get your stuff.

Was planning to put in an order for some things today, but seems like communication has been slow. Planning to move in 2 months and would hate to have the parts shipped to the wrong address. What's been lead time for recent orders?

FWIW I hit up YotaMD / @suprarx7nut (Andy) for an M2V2 and in a matter of days I had a tracking number and it is on its way to me now … just putting it out there …
Yup, 100% of M2V2 orders (far as I'm aware) go through me (and Ben). @BenCC prints the brackets and prepares hardware ahead of time and I print the faceplates on demand. Whether you order through Ben or through YotaMD, the physical parts and order fulfilment goes through both of us in more or less the same manner.

M2V2: M2V2 Ram Ball Mount - Now available directly from YotaMD! - https://www.yotamd.com/collections/misc-100-series-parts/products/m2v2-ram-ball-mount

Ben mentioned to me he was slammed with school/business travel recently. Seems that's ongoing. I've got just a couple more brackets to ship M2V2, then I'll be awaiting for parts from him like you guys! ;)

Yup, 100% of M2V2 orders (far as I'm aware) go through me (and Ben). @BenCC prints the brackets and prepares hardware ahead of time and I print the faceplates on demand. Whether you order through Ben or through YotaMD, the physical parts and order fulfilment goes through both of us in more or less the same manner.

M2V2: M2V2 Ram Ball Mount - Now available directly from YotaMD! - https://www.yotamd.com/collections/misc-100-series-parts/products/m2v2-ram-ball-mount

Ben mentioned to me he was slammed with school/business travel recently. Seems that's ongoing. I've got just a couple more brackets to ship M2V2, then I'll be awaiting for parts from him like you guys! ;)
I ordered two M2V2's from Ben back in November. Was told 6 week lead time. I still have not received them..

Ordered a scangauge mount mid December. Was told 6 weeks. Have not hard anything and no response to messages.

I ordered two M2V2's from Ben back in November. Was told 6 week lead time. I still have not received them..
Sort of surprised - I asked Ben if I should order through him or @suprarx7nut for an M2V2 I wanted to add to my order (he sent me a part that needed to be reprinted so he was sending me stuff anyway) and he said it didn't matter, so I told him to add it to the stuff he was sending. This was in December. If he was that backed up I would have thought he'd have told me to go through @suprarx7nut.

Just to be clear, Ben's rushed me stuff previously and alway been a really good guy. I don't think he's turning his back on us now... I assume he's just very busy. All this being said, a quick public post would be nice and helpful for all.

Hi guys,

It has been a long time. I want to make some announcements.

• I apologize for the delayed outstanding orders. I will post a list of all outstanding orders by 9 pm (ET) today. And I will give a new estimate on delivery. After that, I will reach out to you guys by PM or email. We have several options: A. full refund if the new estimate will not fit your timeframe, B. wait until the updated delivery date. Note: You can request a full refund at any time. The bottom line is I will not take your money and run.
  • I also want to update you on my family and my day job. It may sound unprofessional to share personal life with customers. But the 3d print business never separates from my own family. My wife had been managing the logistics including orders and shipping. If you received a small bag of gummy bears in your order, it is her idea. Until we had to fight her cancer (lymphoma) from mid-2021. Then you see how bad I am at managing stuff. Fortunately, she was at State 1. But radiation therapy was no joke. Long story short, she is getting better. For my day job, I have been doing an OK job. I have 3 journal papers accepted and 1 under review in 2021 and 2022. These are all related to 3d print (rapid prototyping). I was also awarded teaching excellence.
  • I am not taking new orders after 11:59 pm, Feb. 28, 2022. The business may come back in September 2022, with upgraded equipment. I have been talking with industrial 3d printer (selective laser sintering (SLS)) manufacturers from industry and academic exhibitions and conferences.
  • In summary, I apologize for the frustration caused by my delayed production and delivery.

Best,

Ben

@BenCC

Thanks for updating us. So sorry to hear about your wife... Glad she's doing better now, but still. Family and real life first.

On a side note, it sounds like your professional career is going well, so congrats on that! With the struggles with your wifes health, I'm sure the little victories feel even sweeter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom