Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry, like 110v outlet. But now I'm looking and I don't see a compact one that might fit in that panel with the other port as well.

Edit: like this Outlet

Sorry, like 110v outlet. But now I'm looking and I don't see a compact one that might fit in that panel with the other port as well.

Edit: like this Outlet
Actually this a good idea. You can put an inverter in the center console, then extend and expose the 110v outlet on the panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: KTP
Ordered an AC outlet. Will have a version for it.

Part number: 85530-35050-C0.

Last edited:
Surface finish comparison.

2019-11-14_13-31-50.jpg

I need the dimension of the opening after the DVD player is removed. That place is good for a storage pocket, or mounting a trailer brake controller maybe.

I've been super busy. I'll try to get this tomorrow.

What sucks is the opening is very small compared to the available room inside of the opening.
I'll check to see if it is possible to cut a larger opening to take advantage of the space.

I'm hoping something big enough to mount a holster for a full size pistol.

Make 8: Voltmeter Mount

8.1 Overview of the Final Product

2019-11-15_17-26-35.jpg

2019-11-15_17-28-32.jpg

2019-11-16_16-50-12.jpg

8.2 Introduction

This mount is modeled for Blue Sea Systems Mini OLED DC Voltmeter with 12V/24V DC. The purpose is to mount the voltmeter with a more factory look.

8.3 Design and Fabrication

Both two components, the plate and the cap, are SLA resin printed. Two brass thread inserts and two Nylon screws are used.

2019-11-16_16-49-49.jpg

8.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

Blue Sea Systems Mini OLED DC Voltmeter with 12V/24V DC

8.5 Purchase

$49 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). Printed with resin. PM for Direct Paypal Payment.

Last edited:
Make 9: Kenwood TM-V71A Remote Head Mount (Not Completed)

9.1 Overview of the Final Product

2019-11-17_18-10-15.jpg

2019-11-17_18-19-43.jpg

9.2 Introduction

This is modeled based on a request. It mounts the head unit of Kenwood TM-V71A.

9.3 Design and Fabrication

The control unit is pushed into the mount from behind, which is different from the way the scangauge is mounted. This is due to the shape of the unit, which has smaller cross section in the front. Actually this helps to mount it more securely.

2019-11-17_18-05-06.jpg

2019-11-17_18-05-48.jpg

9.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

None.

9.5 Purchase Link

$49 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). Printed with ABS. PM for Direct Paypal Payment.

Last edited:
Is there room for a 12v cigarette style plug on the right or left of the Scanguage in the combo upper pod instead of one of the toggle switches?

I have often thought a 12v plug mounted high in a vehicle would be a good alternative to hanging and draping wires of a GPS, radar detector, dash cam or other windshield mounted accessory down across the dash to a dash mounted plug. Having an upper plug would allow a short run of wires that would not interfere with the driver's view and not pull on suction cup mounts.

Cool products. I definitely need a better mount for my ScanGuage.

Is there room for a 12v cigarette style plug on the right or left of the Scanguage in the combo upper pod instead of one of the toggle switches?

I have often thought a 12v plug mounted high in a vehicle would be a good alternative to hanging and draping wires of a GPS, radar detector, dash cam or other windshield mounted accessory down across the dash to a dash mounted plug. Having an upper plug would allow a short run of wires that would not interfere with the driver's view and not pull on suction cup mounts.

Cool products. I definitely need a better mount for my ScanGuage.
I can make you one if you for sure will buy one. Still for the same price.

Make 10: Multi-switch Mount with 12V Outlet or USB Ports

10.1 Overview of the Final Product

2019-11-16_20-16-30.jpg

10.2 Introduction

This is based on one of the requests. The 12V outlet provides power for GPS, radar detector, or dash cam. You can either install a 12V socket or a USB charger.

10.3 Design and Fabrication

This is a variation of Make 4.

10.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

12V Socket

USB Charger 2.1 A

USB Charger 4.8A

10.5 Purchase Link

$49 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). Printed in ABS. PM for Direct Paypal Payment.

Last edited:
I can make you one if you for sure will buy one. Still for the same price.
I would certainly buy one. I see the multi switch above where you added the 12v but am looking for a ScanGuage mount with the 12v plug beside it. Not the multi switch housing. I am unsure there would be room. It may require the scanguage moved all the way to the left and then no extra switch...just the plug.
Thanks. Quick design work! Impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom