Beginning My 100 Series Journey - Need help! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From looking at your profile, you live in Florida. I have driven my 100 daily in NC, OH, VA and Pa for the past 10 years. In stock form the 100 can handle a lot of off roading/overlanding without modifying the bumper or suspension. I would recommend looking at the Nitto Terra Grappled G2. I am on my 3rd set of 265/70/18 (33) and all 3 have lasted past 55k miles with 5k mile regular rotation. Note I run a second set of rims w snow tires in the snow belt winters up here. They provide excellent traction on & off road.

so it sounds like a mounting hardware issue (nuts/bolts).

Also, patchagan is as extreme as they get, just beats the hell out of his rig. I'm betting normal offroaders/overlanders/etc w. the 100 kinda cringe at denting anything on their rigs (dang, they cost a fortune). Me being in that group, I'm not ruling out ironman noting that they all have to pass the same AU dot impact tests (design is for large animal strikes, not rock pounding).

I guess the moral of the story is to figure out what your gonna do w. your rig before the build up.
Totally fair point. For me, considering the price difference isn't too crazy, my leaning is to just pay the extra to get the ARB. I should've said I don't think the ironman bumper is garbage or anything. And agreed it probably suits most people fine

I believe the AHC has received whatever standard maintenance it's supposed to. Just had a service done at the dealership and the service manager said it checked out.

Do you have any recommended tires that are good dual purpose? I've got a highway commute and hesitate to jump into huge off road tires.
Some dealerships don’t even do the AHC maintenance, I would double check their service records. After I get a ARB bumper the shop is going to connect the LX to tech stream and get a read out on AHC levels and pressures and do a flush. But that’s mostly because mine has 239K and it doesn’t appear it’s ever been flushed.

Thank you all! Putting on some 285/75/16 Falken At3s this weekend.

Planning on doing the AHC check up and possibly flush and change the fluid soon. I also noticed my rear diff had some dampness around the fill plug, is this indicative of a leak or normal stuff?

Thank you all! Putting on some 285/75/16 Falken At3s this weekend.

Planning on doing the AHC check up and possibly flush and change the fluid soon. I also noticed my rear diff had some dampness around the fill plug, is this indicative of a leak or normal stuff?
Good choice

I would check the diff level but a little dampness around the plug is nothing to worry about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom