Help with ABS! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, recently experienced the dreaded multitude of ABS lights, alarm, etc. My booster pump was not running. Bought a booster pump with attached accumulator from the local dealership. Install went smoothly. Unfortunately when I turn the key on the pump turns on, runs for 2 seconds, off for 8 seconds, repeat and repeat. Any suggestions you all have would be great!

I don't know if there is a circuit breaker in the circuit but that's what it sounds like it could be.

Typically, upon ignition 'on' (but truck not started) the pump runs on/off for about 36 seconds (plus or minus) and then stops running. Does your pump continue to run indefinitely? There are many brake pump threads, so search and read them all.

Thanks for your responses!
I did not do the techstream air drain, my method for bleeding master cylinder was to pump brakes with the key in the ignition but off then turn key to on position but not start the vehicle. At this point the pump runs for 2 seconds, off for 8 seconds then continues this pattern indefinitely. Based on reading the threads similar users replaced booster pump and accumulator. Mine is brand new from the dealer so hopefully can eliminate that as a culprit.

Thanks for your responses!
I did not do the techstream air drain, my method for bleeding master cylinder was to pump brakes with the key in the ignition but off then turn key to on position but not start the vehicle. At this point the pump runs for 2 seconds, off for 8 seconds then continues this pattern indefinitely. Based on reading the threads similar users replaced booster pump and accumulator. Mine is brand new from the dealer so hopefully can eliminate that as a culprit.
The official way is to drain the air also with techstream. You can follow the procedure om YouTube Timmy the toolman.

Solved the problem! I drained air out of the red line on the booster pump/accumulator.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom