Need help gauging 100-series pricing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have almost the same exact story.

'05 LX w/ 180k... lived its whole life in Atlanta, zero rust, and dealership paint history a mile long. Last several years the owner declined fixing findings... so I used that to get the asking price down from $19k to $15k even (including taxes and fees)... have it baselined now with a little over $4k in service. Hopefully this thing is set for a long while.

I would guess this time last year they wouldn't have budged on their $19k asking price. So I know it's anecdotal but I think certain markets have cooled, even for the 100 series.... and there are more deals to be found.
Yep. I talked him down from 18k to 15k. Granted 2k were for tires and wheels. I still have to do trans fluid, power steering & brake fluid. Other than that it should be good to go for another 200k until bushings upfront start giving way

My only advice to anyone looking for one of these is to not even consider these sketchy small-time dealers. I looked at one once and the records showed it had the whole AHC system replaced by a Lexus dealer and it didn't work. Couldn't get it to go up or down. The used car lot was no help and didn't know anything about it. They are just hoping to sell it based on the convenience of being able to go through a dealer vs private party.

Anyone who wants a 100 series should be patient and wait for the right one to pop up. If you buy it from the owner directly chances are they are gonna love talking about it and will tell you all about it. Just be wary of flippers masquerading as private sellers. They are worthless too.

When I was looking for mine I set a craigslist alert for every state outside the rust belt and found one in Arizona, but I never got rid of the alerts and I see decent ones pop up from time to time, but I also see the same ones OVER AND OVER AND OVER, sometimes for years, but I guess someone eventually pays them what they want for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom