Bearing puller for h42 transmission bearings. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roastchestnuts

TLCA #28675 Salt wagon Fj40
Threads
I am planning on redoing my h42 transmission. Can somebody also point me in the direction of the correct bearing puller I can use to pull the transmission bearings? Is there a puller that I can borrow from somebody or rent from somebody on MUD? I am too far from a car parts place to rent one before somebody says that. Did you use that one? I could also buy one but I don't want to spend big money on it. This one ( puller) would be epic but I am not sure I want to spend 250$ for a puller that I will only use a hand full of times. Figured I would ask here.

IMG_6462.jpg

Usually in service manuals they list part numbers for special tools such as bearing pullers, then you google that number and have a look the item if not pictured in the manual, so you can then look for a comparable item at a better price point. Good luck, I wouldn't want to do a rebuild without the proper manual.

You might try something like this. The bearing separators might be able to get behind the snap ring or catch the snap ring groove if the snap ring is removed. You may need some longer threaded rod to clear the output shaft.

Screenshot_20240205_195311_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom