Aussie 55 Restomod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From patching you pig to patching your arm

Both of you get well soon

From patching you pig to patching your arm

Both of you get well soon
The doc did a neat job, I’ve got a tidy line of stitches on my hand and my elbow and I’ve already got good movement and minimal pain. They still reckon around a 3 month recovery period.

Gave up with waiting for my hand to improve so I’m slowly getting back into it. Chronic pain sucks.
I’ve spent the last week or so doing low impact jobs tidying up the garage and my parts stash.

Today I had a crack at building more panels. Made this piece which is part of the wheel well and support of the outer skin.
53BE7206-4F3C-422F-925D-733D24443A9E.jpeg
0DDD5CF3-4A18-49A1-AECD-798A2784515B.jpeg

don't i know that feeling.. oh well you gotta do what it takes until you're happy with it right?
Yeah The fit up on this part has to be nice and neat so the outer panel wraps around it correctly so it can be sealed. The piece that came out was far too mangled to be able to replicate it, no idea how a professional would do this.🤷‍♂️

Sad to say but this little piggy is up for sale. My arm and hand aren’t improving much, and I’ve haven’t done anything in 6 months. Planning on selling this and my Hilux and buying a hdj100.

Sorry to see this... You were making such good progress.. i hope your health starts to improve in the future.

Sorry to see this... You were making such good progress.. i hope your health starts to improve in the future.
It’s been a tough decision, I’ve been on the fence for a few months. I thought about paying someone to finish it but that defeats the purpose of having it in the first place, I do Cruiser work to relax.

So, I bought the cruiser from @serenity and picked it up over the weekend. Really have to thank Glenn for the hard work hes already done on this car, and for putting it back together so we could tow it the 500 odd kilometres ( 320 miles) home.
IMG_4061.JPG
Glenns goodbye.jpg

I'll start my own thread on this when I've figured out my plan of attack.

And the pig lives on! Excellent. It's always a sad day when we decide to sell, but to have it bought by another cruiser head and continue the dream, just makes it extra awesome. We look forward to your plan and plenty of pictures. :)

Glad to see it got home without incident @sneaky.. I hope to see you continue to lurk in here @serenity too

Im always poking around. I’m cruiserless now, just have my Hilux. A friend just bought a hdj80 which is just asking for my attention so I’ll satiate my needs with that cruiser for a while.😂

So, I bought the cruiser from @serenity and picked it up over the weekend. Really have to thank Glenn for the hard work hes already done on this car, and for putting it back together so we could tow it the 500 odd kilometres ( 320 miles) home.
View attachment 2397443View attachment 2397444

I'll start my own thread on this when I've figured out my plan of attack.
A big grin for a guy giving up his dream car. The sound of that engine never fails to put a smile on my face.

It’s been a tough decision, I’ve been on the fence for a few months. I thought about paying someone to finish it but that defeats the purpose of having it in the first place, I do Cruiser work to relax.

Hope you get healed up!
Did you ever find a 100 to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom