Aussie 55 Restomod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boy! I thought I was getting into it. You are killing it. Those places that you are repairing are way intimidating! Gives me courage.
Hey I’m just fumbling in the dark over here, I’ve taken inspiration and learned much from watching those on mud who’ve gone before me.

And it’s not all peachy, I think my first go at rebuilding front swivel hubs lasted about 10,000km.
This corner patch didn’t go well on my first attempt either, I tried using existing material but it was too thin and I ended up with this.

91E6EC69-7A1D-4C83-A461-830FDED770FD.jpeg

So first I fixed the trailer after I broke stuff.
A498CF2C-4BEF-4622-B2B8-3AC4B5A7A241.jpeg

Then I finally got that corner of the windscreen welded in. I have way too many things going on and I’m not even working at the moment.
It sits a little low so I’ll have to use some filler on it but I’m happy with it.
D1EA8344-0DD8-4998-B8D5-646A4C5C067C.jpeg

And I’m done for the day, I can’t be bothered grinding again this arvo. The A pillar is a really sucky design, no wonder it rusts. Blending the outer panel into the inner is going to be fun. I also need to get my local sheet metal place to bend up a new gutter piece to run down the pillar.
3A671877-25AC-48C0-BB6B-8364024C8111.jpeg

Edit: I just found the bit that came out of there.:poop:
473BA707-9EDC-4D75-A4FD-4816A9262504.jpeg

Last edited:
Fair enough @serenity 👍
When you get down this far into any vehicle, you start to see where the factory cut corners, and can see where some obvious improvements can be made.
For instance, on mine I can tell that young Kim first learned how to stick-weld on the motor and bellhousing mounts on my frame.

Careful with that butter chicken! It’ll start with I love to see you working on that cruzr to when you gonna sell that thing.
Am I being cynical?
Never had butter chicken but sounds delicious!

Feeling pretty inspired... on another note whereabouts did you buy your Lincoln from??
Once I started it got a whole lot less daunting.

I got the welder locally from Global welding supplies. My new drive roll and liner suited to 0.6 wire came in today as well but it has been running really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom