Anyone using Onestone armrests? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wagonteeth

Hippoverde
Threads
I saw these on an aussie youtube channel and looked them up. They are for the 70 series but the site says that with a mod to the bracket it can work in 80s, 100s etc.

Just ordered a set for my HDJ81, so wondering if anyone has done the mod already to use them on an 80.

Price is in AU$, so with shipping to US, they came in just over $200. They confirmed on Christmas Day that they ship to US.

I saw these on an aussie youtube channel and looked them up. They are for the 70 series but the site says that with a mod to the bracket it can work in 80s, 100s etc.

Just ordered a set for my HDJ81, so wondering if anyone has done the mod already to use them on an 80.

Price is in AU$, so with shipping to US, they came in just over $200. They confirmed on Christmas Day that they ship to US.
Can’t really help you with the 80 / 100 Series application that they work great on a 70 Series. A very useful accessory.

@Outsane

land rover arm rest to toyota seat just weld the bracket to toyota seat
easy to do and works perfectly

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

Are they even practical for use in an 80? Would they be legal for the drivers seat?

I have never heard of any arm rest laws..

They are a great addition for long drives
Are they even practical for use in an 80? Would they be legal for the drivers seat?

Australia is "free"... to make everything fun illegal... they have the strangest car laws over there.

i have them on my 80, need to change or modify the door cards.

You do realize, that these are not attached to the seats? According to your link, these are meant to attach to the door at the bottom of the window. I would not classify these as armrests, in the traditional sense.

Yep, I know where they go. 4Xoverland has them on his troopy, or something similar. I ride with my arm there anyway and can always use another cup holder.

Several people have them installed in 80 series on here. Only user that is coming to mind right now is @wngrog . Pretty sure he put some in his oddball.

I just installed a one stone in my 80. I didn't need to modify the door card, other than adding some double sided tape.

This really helps me with my posture and not slouching while driving, resulting in less back pain on long drives. The 80 was not built for tall people.

I have them on my 200 (well, I only installed the Drivers side so far) and they are great for long drives and any time the window is open. They impact elbow room, so do change the way you move when moving your arm from the door to the steering wheel, and they change the angle that your arm rests with left hand on the wheel. Generally speaking, I like it. Mine attached with double sided tape. Sounds like the 80 is similar.

I just installed a one stone in my 80. I didn't need to modify the door card, other than adding some double sided tape.

This really helps me with my posture and not slouching while driving, resulting in less back pain on long drives. The 80 was not built for tall people.
Snap some pics

Please snap some pics. Specifically from the outside looking in.

I grabbed first and second row armrests in brown. They’re really nice and the colors are a great match.

It’s convenient having a cupholder right there on the door. I mounted the drivers armrest back far enough I could see my switches on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. That put the cupholder right next to the steering wheel unfortunately. My hand bumps it when turning but it’s very minor.

The rear door armrests just vhb tape on. They mount solid and are a nice spongy material. They add some arm comfort for adults in back.

IMG_2325.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

I did not know I needed these. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom