Anyone running the 3" DVS arms on a 2.5" Dobinsons lift? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been going back n forth on wether 2"or 3" caster correction arms would be better for me. I don't have current actual caster numbers. I'm just estimating based on the info I've seen out there..~1.7 degrees per inch of lift. Looking for your feedback on both if you're using one or the other.... and you have a 2.5" lift. I'm worried that the 3" arms would put me at over 5 degrees positive caster and what that might feel like on the road..and additional mechanical wear..etc.

On a side note, anyone using the 3" panhard bracket successfully on the same size 2.5" lift? DVS says I may have to install bump drops. What say you guys?

Input appreciated! Thanks. I've been searching, not finding real world feedback for this size lift.

Been going back n forth on wether 2"or 3" caster correction arms would be better for me. I don't have current actual caster numbers. I'm just estimating based on the info I've seen out there..~1.7 degrees per inch of lift. Looking for your feedback on both if you're using one or the other.... and you have a 2.5" lift. I'm worried that the 3" arms would put me at over 5 degrees positive caster and what that might feel like on the road..and additional mechanical wear..etc.

On a side note, anyone using the 3" panhard bracket successfully on the same size 2.5" lift? DVS says I may have to install bump drops. What say you guys?

Input appreciated! Thanks. I've been searching, not finding real world feedback for this size lift.

I recommend getting current numbers. Most alignment shops will scan you for free..

I was at -1.8 with J Coils (about 3") and caster correction bushings.

I opted for the DVS 3L Arms. The 3" Arms add 6.3 degrees of caster so you need to figure out what you currently have. My current caster with OEM bushings and 3L arms is about 2.6 degrees.

I recommend getting current numbers. Most alignment shops will scan you for free..

I was at -1.8 with J Coils (about 3") and caster correction bushings.

I opted for the DVS 3L Arms. The 3" Arms add 6.3 degrees of caster so you need to figure out what you currently have. My current caster with OEM bushings and 3L arms is about 2.6 degrees.
-1.8 + 6.3 = 4.5...isnt that where you should be?

-1.8 + 6.3 = 4.5...isnt that where you should be?

Keep in mind that I had caster correction bushings so these added caster (~2) bringing it up to -1.8 so I was probably closer to -3.7 uncorrected. Correcting it with DVS and OEM bushings brought me to 2.6 degrees.

6.3 - 3.7 = 2.6

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with more than 4 degrees. I’ve been at 5.5 for a while and like it. Talk to Dave at Delta. He’s a fan of fat castor angle himself. And if you are running 35’s or bigger even more so.

As stated earlier, acquiring your current numbers is a good idea.

Generally as you get up to highway speed the axle wants to suck under and the positive caster will help mitigate that and result in a much nicer highway handling vehicle. Did 5 deg plates on a 6" lift and the night and day difference was huge the second I got up to speed.

Realized no one was addressing your other questions:

I think the panhard bracket would be fine but it may not be needed with a 2.5" lift. The goal with the rear panhard bar is to have it be as level as possible at ride height. Best bet here is to drive the tuck and see. If you go over humps in the road at speed and the back end gets squirrelly, then you need the bracket.

Bump drops... it depends. If you're running stock wheels or wheels with the same backspacing as stock and you are around 33" tires you should be ok without bump drops. Less backspacing on the wheels (or god forbid wheel spacers) and you may rub the fender lip. Also larger than 33" is going to rub the inner fender in the rear (and possibly the front) with a 2.5" lift. It won't rub bad, really only on hard hits. For reference I am running 35x12.5 tires, stock wheels, 3" suspension lift and 1" body lift and I just barely rub the rear inner fender on hard hits. I do not run any bump stop extensions. I do have drawers and a fridge in the back though so a little weight. This is another of those try it and see things. If it rubs more than your comfortable with, add the bump drops.

I agree with getting actual alignment numbers then proceeding. I have 2.5” Dobinson lift and just put on delta 3” arms. Went from -1 caster to 4. Tracks awesome now.

IMG_6823.jpeg

I run the the 3” delta panhard bracket with an OME 2.5” lift (850 front/860 rear springs). Seems to get the job done wonderfully. I have no wondering.

No bumpstop extension in the rear for me. Tires are 305’s.
IMG_6464.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom