Dobinson 2 inch lift 94 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here we go,

I am trying to determine what lift is needed to clear 35 inch tires on a FZJ80 ? 2inch Dobinson Claims or more? Like maybe 4 inch? Been advised 4 inch have to redo my from drive shaft, then castor corrections would need to be made. Then Ofcorse bump stops, brake lines, sway bars, ect.

Is anyone running 35 off road flexed out on 2 inch lift ?

Have a garage clearance issues and 4 plus tires and maybe 1 inch unsag from sagging old coils could lead to not clearing my garage door heeders.

Now street driving I could see 35 fitting fine, talking about crossed up on a trail on the bump stops,
Clearance.

Thanks

Tex

No lift is requieed in lots of cases.

Wheel offset/backspace and tie choice will play a part, but lots of 80s running 35s, no lift.

I have 33" (305/75R16) on 31year old OG saggy springs, and OEM wheels with no clearance issues at all.

Tire shop tried to tell me they wouldn't fit, after I stopped laughing, i had to pay fitting cost before they'd proceed.

No lift is requieed in lots of cases.

Wheel offset/backspace and tie choice will play a part, but lots of 80s running 35s, no lift.

I have 33" (305/75R16) on 31year old OG saggy springs, and OEM wheels with no clearance issues at all.

Tire shop tried to tell me they wouldn't fit, after I stopped laughing, i had to pay fitting cost before they'd proceed.
Ok, my wheels are the stock wheels that came on the Cruiser.. I was not wanting to have to lift it much if possible for if I do cross it up like this , I don’t tear up my fender wells and get some droop too.

My rig is similar to this one… same color , same front bumper and similar rear bumper..

IMG_6512.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

You cant really go by what lifts say in inches for a particular size tire. It has a lot to do with weight of the truck. Try to find a truck with a similar build weight as yours and see the center hub to fender flair they ended up with.

Dont quote me but for 35s you dont need much. Maybe 22-23". I have 35s and am at about 22-23.5" . I dont like how uneven my truck is so i will change up my set up. But i clears things well. I might have a little rub at full rear flex but it hasnt hurt anything at all. But it also depends on tire profile and lug shape.

I would say just get 35s if you want them and whichever 2" springs you want. You will probably go through a few pairs of springs trying to find ones that you like anyway. Once it is all installed you be able to see if things rub a little.

4" lift does look nice with 35s and does have some benefits but starts to add some work over just doing a simple 2" lift. To really make the most of a 4" it gets a little involved.

Most people I talk to these days running 35's have a 3" lift, but technically you can do it with 2". Adding lift doesn't specifically change any amount of room under the fenders for the tires to fit, as the range of motion from the control arms remains the same, unless you change those out. Additional up travel from the shocks can cause bigger tires to rub, so extending the bump stops is the solution there. The more offset you have, the bigger the scrub radius and the more chance of rubbing too. If you're prepared to cut and trim, you can run 35's with no lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom