ANOTHER Seat Swap question - 1997 FzJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just like the title says, it's ANOTHER Seat Swap question...

So, this weekend I had my grubby hands THIS CLOSE (pinches fingers together) to grabbing a set of 1991 blue/grey cloth seats to swap in for my uncomfortable (see: ripped) leather seats. Sadly, the seller ghosted me about three hours before heading to their place and I've yet to hear back from them.

BUT, while I was anxiously watching the big hand move at a glacial pace before the previously noted meet time, I spent the morning in a local wrecking yard looking for small parts that would fit from other Toyota's into my 80.

QUESTION: Can another Toyota seat set from a 1994-1997 fit?
And to drill down more, can a, say, 1997 Camry seat set match up into a 1997 Land Cruiser?

I know that most of the 1993-1997 Corolla / Camry window control buttons will swap out, as well as the Camry seatbelt swap , including the first generation Rav4 bracket around the door handle, and Lexus LS400 / LS430 visors being perfect matches. So, it made me wonder if seats from a Corolla / Camry / Avalon/ Fist Gen Tundra...would they fit into an FZj80?

Yes, I know about the COMPREHENSIVE LIST post and it's sister, the Junkyard Replacements List but I didn't see anything relating to my question. I know about the 80 Series Seat Swap Thread but that also didn't yield an answer to my question.

And I know that just about any seat CAN fit...if you want to take the time to modify brackets but I'm looking for a straight swap, bolt patterns and all...provided the a$$ isn't too wide from console to door ;)

If I could put a pair of 2011 Avalon Limited seats into my rig I would because, damn, those are comfortable (and that's my daily driver). But I'm seriously considering just grabbing an old 1997 Camry with brown cloth / manual seats and putting them in, AND THEN LATER reupholstering them to leather. Or just grabbing a set of of a Lexus LS400.

Thoughts? Opinions? Notes? Crushing defeat?

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?

Thanks in advance!

You're just going to have to take measurements. The LC seats bolt to that hump in the front, which seems unusual in the car world.

If you can weld, just about anything can be made to fit. If you can't, you're stuck with seats that are known to fit directly (none, to my knoweledge) or with aftermarket seat adapters.

I have played this game...You're not gonna like the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom