Another perspective on rear storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

oh no... the line x with the rubber in it? ever drag your skin across it? ouch. i cant imagine reaching for something deep in there and having to stretch across the line x. what about just staining it? it looks so nice!

I think that type of wood looks killer stained black with aluminum edging around the top.

So you've on to the 200 series...so what happened to the 97 LX450? Happy to hear the cabinets you built stood the test of time. You did a quality job building them! Thanks and yes I had picked up on the availability of locking in and out sliders as a very nice upgrade. Although if you don't mind, I still have a few questions; the first is about functionality in having a sleeping platform that has enough room to sleep comfortably with the 8 inch lift (wheel well height). Where you happy with this or would you change that higher or lower? How did your modular concept of connecting cabinets as necessary with or with 2nd row seats work out? Any other suggestions you care to make would be welcomed since you really have road tested your design. Also, you mentioned electrical outlets and switches on the rear sides in your current build out, I too wanted to incorporate that in my design...so care to share what you are doing? Are you thinking about adding a power converter to have 110 volts available? I am seriously considering that as well. They have some wonderfully fast 110V electric coffee and tea pots to quickly jump start your morning without having to get out the stove, as well as run all the other 110V items we all like to use. However a top rated additional deep cycle dual battery is a must for this use. The battery will drain fast in about 10-20 minutes of use with out recharging or running the engine. Love to see photos of your current project. I will post mine when I start to build.

Love to see what else you guys build.. I have a 91 FJ80 in Vegas, grey interior. I didn't read all the posts, but wondering if your offering these for sale? I put an inverter under my front driver seat, and I'm building a dual battery, but have a deep cycle under the hood for other purpose, such as running some lights on truck without hitting the main batteries at night. Morning coffee right now is 12 Volt cigarette lighter to heat up water, or through the inverter and main battery. Love to be able to put this in my truck. Build is a 6BT Cummins in my 91 FJ80 and 93-95 FZJ80 transmission with a part-time 4x4 set-up. Upgrading a bunch of things, love to get the cabinets in too. Let's talk asap.

I'm bringing this thread back....

I'm working on my own rear storage system. I've countersunk washers like @619TOY but I can not find bolts that have a recessed head. The bolt is M10x1.25 and I've checked McMaster and Amazon but all I can find is either a hex head or allen head. Any help locating the bolts?

Here's one of the washers I made/modified as well as a couple of the supports for the cargo tie downs:
View attachment 130860

I'm bringing this thread back....

I'm working on my own rear storage system. I've countersunk washers like @619TOY but I can not find bolts that have a recessed head. The bolt is M10x1.25 and I've checked McMaster and Amazon but all I can find is either a hex head or allen head. Any help locating the bolts?
These type?

Just like that, yes. Are you finding it in a 1.25 pitch?
Oh.....Nope.

I don;t see them anywhere either.

Can you go with a different thread or are you trying to attached to the truck at that point?

Otherwise, you'll need to check Fastenal or the like to get something special.

Are you SURE it's M10 x 1.25? Or is it M10 x 1.50?

I'm not getting a selection for that thread combination anywhere.

Oh.....Nope.

I don;t see them anywhere either.

Can you go with a different thread or are you trying to attached to the truck at that point?

Otherwise, you'll need to check Fastenal or the like to get something special.

Are you SURE it's M10 x 1.25? Or is it M10 x 1.50?

I'm not getting a selection for that thread combination anywhere.

I'm using the seat attachment points and they're DEFINITELY 1.25 pitch, unfortunately. Yeah, otherwise I would have saved myself the headache and used SAE bolts. I can find hex head bolts in my specs, just not anything low profile. :bang:

These bolts were pretty much unobtanium, so I set up a group buy for them years ago. I may be able to source them, but it wouldn't be cheap and there would probably be minimums of 50-100 bolts.

Here's an alternate approach to the same problem. This is in our 200. You can use whatever pitch bolt you need. I think I did 3/8" or 7/16":

IMG_5455.JPG
IMG_6471 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5527.JPG

IMG_5454.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom