Another HJ61... from Finland this time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

good choice!

Painted the bumper today, paint is a bit more gray-ish than exact black but whatever, looks better than before. Next i have to roll winch cable in, but its out of oil due to seal failure.
Too bad my Nokia takes so crappy quality pics, try to bear with it. :confused:
002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Thank you rob and maat!

I will not pull the entire winch apart, unless it doesn't work, haven't tested it yet haha.
Leak is under the plate that holds the worm gear's bearing, or something like that. Parts picture shows there is no seal, just a shim plate.
You can see the plate barely in my previous post, in the first pic. Somebody has tried to cap it with silicone before.

Parts i'm talking about are shown in the lower left corner.
EPC3.jpg

Hey Hojo

Looks like powder coating on that bar and been there for a while by the looks of it.

Mate I've heard nothing but bad things about welding a bullbar to the chassis, if the welds are too weak and break the bar can come and cause the vehicle to roll, and if they are too good and you hit something it can wrap the chassis.

The grill looks good mate

Well, i took a look on that plate.

This is how it was "sealed" with silicone.
001.jpg

And that came off...
002.jpg

...and reveal this. Somebody got an idea to cap it with steel plate. I'm pretty sure it's the welds that leaks.
Maybe i´ll just clean it and silicone again??:doh:
003.jpg

This may be the last update on my LC for now due to army. I have to go there on next monday, 7.7 - ???

So, the rear side panels were in not so good condition anymore, screwed on the plastic parts and so on.
007.jpg

010.jpg

Found some plywood laying around, that's where the idea came from.
008.jpg

When you don't have right tools, or even right equipment, you have to improvise how to the work with existing tools.
011.jpg

But still the panels came out pretty nice.
009.jpg

Painted the backside to protect them from moisture. Note the improvised stand.
012.jpg

Next step is to find some gray felt to upholster the panels and mount the panels in place. Will see do i have time to do it, time is getting tight.

Conscription, yes. 5 to 11 months, will see what they want me to do there.

:D your work bench would is very reminiscent of many many mud members.

Hopefully they assign you to land ground vehicle forces and you can play with the Patria and other fun AMV's.

Haha nice to hear i'm not alone, Crick!;)

I applied to transportation/troop carrier company but they take only 5% of applicants...
Could be fun to be in land ground vehicle company also, will see. :p

Army related stuff first: I´ve been chosen to the semi truck course which i start next monday. Hooray.

Then back to topic.
So, the drivers side power window motor(LH) is shot and i could not find a replacement part. (Except new which costs 330$:confused:)
I have only found rear left hand window motor and the seller says it is basically the same part as in front, the part number is not the same though.
Now i just want to make sure if it fits or not, if you know yes or no, please reply. I have been looking for the part since i´ve had the Cruiser, half a year. :cheers: Time to go to back to army..:p

Time to ski!
I am quarter Finn, so I know how tenacity works.
Great rig. Keep after it!

Update:
To answer my previous question, rear LH window motor is the same as the front, only the connectors are bit different, but are easy to change.

The motor works, but not from the switch. No up, no down. I had the relay fixed at car electrical shop and the guy assure it is perfectly working now, as he did some work on it. Both rear windows works from their own switches (not from the master switch tho). Is there any external relays (that may be jerking) or something that i´m missing right now??? I have cleaned and checked the master switch couple of times and assume it´s working as supposed to. Jeez i hate electrical failures...

As the summer is closing, weather warming and snow melting, i decided to fabricate greasable shackles.:)
Old, current shackles are poorly made (see pics above) with 16mm pins, when they should be 18mm.
I had 100€ gift card to local hardware store where i found all the needed stuff, steel, bolts+nuts..
The steel is 8x50, should be strong enough. Bolts are M18x150. 27mm wrench, 18mm HSS drill bit, 2x jack stands.
010.jpg

Drilling the bolts, 4mm drill bit.
003.jpg

Same here.
005.jpg

One finished, 7 to go.
006.jpg

7/8 because...
010.jpg

...my M6 thread mill snapped in half:mad::censor:
008.jpg

Whatever.. have to buy a new bolt tomorrow.
Also, if the weather is on my side i´ll try to cut the shackle plates and paint them.

Keep it up! Awesome to see an old cruiser getting built back up in good old Suomi.

dis guy dun speek da troof ^^

You guys got to learn s'trallian - This guy speaks the truth! ^^

International language of Land Cruisers.

Great build Hojo! After much discussion and thought, I'm putting my flares back on, but I'm gonna paint them
the same colour as my truck. I hope they last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom