Another HJ61... from Finland this time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, i´ve been reading this wonderful site for a few months now and bought my first ever Toyota a month back, so i thought to make a thread about it, so, here it is.

So, me and my dad have been looking for a good car (four wheel drive) to go hunting or camping or whatever.. and we decided to look in to Land cruisers, HJ60 or a 61. But first we had to sell our second car which was not that good for hunting/camping purpose (MB w211), sadly it took something like.. 8 months or so. Well, it finally sold and we went looking for one LC that was pretty close to us, approx 300km´s/side and after a short test drive and walk around.. we decided to bring it home.
Driving it back to home was one experience, since it has Boggers under it.. drives so damn smoothly on pavement.. or not. But.. i bet you are more interested in the toyota than my stories :hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly:

The facts;

- 1990 HJ61 12h-t.
- Almost 640 000 Km´s on odometer.
- OME 2" lift on front, 3" lift on rear plus 2,5" body lift. (still too low for my taste)
- 33"/12.5"/15" TSL Boggers.
- Toyota PTO winch. (leaks oil)
- Double passenger seat.
- Intercooled, approx. 200 whp @1.5bar boost.
- Straight 3" stainless side pipe, no mufflers. (sounds awesome)
- Home made roof rack with a good load of led lights.
- Factory front and read cable diff lockers.
- Factory wheel arch fenders.
- Ugly paint job, paint comes off, might repaint the whole thing.

And some pics..
003.jpg

0041.jpg

I´ll post more pics later, only have those crappy quality ones at the moment.

Then the roof rack "project", bought some new leds, one for each corner and new wire.

007.jpg

Ex owner decided to use speaker cable...

006.jpg

...so i bought some proper cable + leds.

008.jpg

And the front-end.

011.jpg

All leds in place.

002.jpg

Welded light covers, and put a pair of high-beams also.

016.jpg

Read-end.

002.jpg

And finished product. All i need is spare tire up there, right? :hmm:

014.jpg

Took it for a short drive in the woods.

Well, there is what i have done so far, more to come if people is interested in.

Im not sure does the pictures work or not.. at least i can see ´em.

Excuse my "limited" english knowledge, feel free to correct my mistakes. :cheers:

Great rig mate, will be good to see the progress of another HJ61 12HT!

Nothing beats the character of our old beasts thats for sure! Might want to leave the paint as it is if your using it for hunting. Depends what type of hunting you do i guess.

Nothing wrong with your english either, much better than some english speaking people haha

Great looking truck! Welcome to MUD :flipoff2:. I dunno, needs more lights, haha! Is the double passenger seat a bench seat then?
I'd be curious to see a pic of that. Does the PTO winch work? If you get around to pics of the shafts and linkage to that I would be
curious to see. Keep us posted as to what you do.

Hi HoJo
welcome to mud and dont worry about your english because we are talking cruiser here
I love the look of your cruiser because its the style I prefere.
Here is my 61
P1010715.JPG
16324_10151239927667791_33964326_n.jpg

Great rig mate, will be good to see the progress of another HJ61 12HT!

Nothing beats the character of our old beasts thats for sure! Might want to leave the paint as it is if your using it for hunting. Depends what type of hunting you do i guess.

Nothing wrong with your english either, much better than some english speaking people haha
Thanks mate!
Moose hunting mostly, not forgetting fishing. We are using it as a daily driver also, thats why im bit "worried" about paint job, looks ugly but i think its relevant..

Great looking truck! Welcome to MUD :flipoff2:. I dunno, needs more lights, haha! Is the double passenger seat a bench seat then?
I'd be curious to see a pic of that. Does the PTO winch work? If you get around to pics of the shafts and linkage to that I would be
curious to see. Keep us posted as to what you do.
Thank you :flipoff2:. I totally agree with you, all i need, is more light! :hillbilly::hillbilly: I´ll take some pictures of the seat and the interior itself.
Winch works, but the shaft looks like a homemade one, sadly.

Hi HoJo
welcome to mud and dont worry about your english because we are talking cruiser here
I love the look of your cruiser because its the style I prefere.
Here is my 61View attachment 888108 View attachment 888109
DUDE that rig looks awesome! Love the color! Tinted windows matches with it just perfectly! Mine are placed badly and patched with ink...
Are those wheels Kumho KL71´s? What do you like them, i have been looking for one set of.

Welcome to mud mate,

Where's the intercooler, luv intercoolers pics pics and more pics:D

If you encounter any probs mate there's plenty of us here with the 12HT, so don't be shy:beer:

:cheers: Spudman

Thanks mate!
Moose hunting mostly, not forgetting fishing. We are using it as a daily driver also, thats why im bit "worried" about paint job, looks ugly but i think its relevant..

Thank you :flipoff2:. I totally agree with you, all i need, is more light! :hillbilly::hillbilly: I´ll take some pictures of the seat and the interior itself.
Winch works, but the shaft looks like a homemade one, sadly.

DUDE that rig looks awesome! Love the color! Tinted windows matches with it just perfectly! Mine are placed badly and patched with ink...
Are those wheels Kumho KL71´s? What do you like them, i have been looking for one set of.

Yes those are the Kumho KL71 and I love them,so save on Highway and on wet roads,not noisy and off road they are awsome

Yes those are the Kumho KL71 and I love them,so save on Highway and on wet roads,not noisy and off road they are awsome
X2 on the Kumho KL71, I have them on my 200 series, awesome

OH man your rig looks great go anywhere! I know people like to put spare tires on top of rack( depending if it fits spare tire carrier) I think they handle much better with the extra weight down low, i can tell when i have my wilderness rack on especially around corners more tippy. I like your light set up sweet.

I dont have spare tire carrier under the body so i might put it up there, will see does it affect handling or not.
Side leds are not powerful enough for my taste, even i have 4 per side (900Lm each). I might buy another set of those brighter ones, will see.

Thanks for the pictures. Well done on getting this truck. Looks like it's ready to go another half million Kms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom