Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's been a busy few weeks around here, not much time for internetin'

Teenage kids needing to go everywhere, spent a week in Tulsa, running in the mountains 4-5 days a week, taking care of things around the house, irrigation, driving the 40 daily, plus work has got pretty busy the last few weeks.

The summer trip this year is panning out to be a solid adventure, the cards are laying out for perfect water flows. I've been spending a lot of time trying to lose some weight and get back into better shape for this summer. Hell, I even cut back on the cold beer and smoked meats (sort of).

Carefull, that stuff is dangerous. Before you know it you stop eating meat, stick too organic vegetables and drive EV‘s powered by renewable energy.

That is not a 40 lifestyle!

Carefull, that stuff is dangerous. Before you know it you stop eating meat, stick too organic vegetables and drive EV‘s powered by renewable energy.

That is not a 40 lifestyle!
Nope, that's not going to happen.

I just needed to cut back a little and eat a little healthier.

I first heard Neil Young and Crazy Horse in 1969. Cowgirl in the sand still takes me back. I remember long blonde hair and long tan legs and all the stuff that is worth remembering. But I keep wandering off tech…..

Glad I got my day drinking lessons before you changed your tag line. Jameson’s is still my favorite with a Guinness chaser or is that the other way around?

I guess @rkymtnflyfisher's sabbatical was longer than I thought. Hope he's catching lots of fish!

I first heard Neil Young and Crazy Horse in 1969. Cowgirl in the sand still takes me back. I remember long blonde hair and long tan legs and all the stuff that is worth remembering. But I keep wandering off tech…..
That's legitimate tech, good solid build.

I first heard Neil Young and Crazy Horse in 1969. Cowgirl in the sand still takes me back.

Me too.

Have you guys heard the "Live at the Fillmore 1970" recordings that Neil Young put out several years ago as part of his "archive release" project? Amazing live recordings, good sound quality; Crazy Horse at their best, complete with Danny Whitten. These recordings just (continue to) blow me away, I never get tired of listening to them.

Chasing a pesky rattle that I heat when I'm driving dirt roads, I tracked it down to the latch for the rear hatch. I adjusted the hatch to center it more and made sure the latch was positioned as far in as it would go.

How about a wrap of Gorilla tape to dampen the metal to metal contact.
20210611_211251.jpg

It actually looks better in person after I trimmed some tape and massaged the loose ends.

Last edited:
Also put the rod carrier back on top, the rivers are getting back to normal flows.

20210611_211919.jpg

Looking into the future, seeing yourself driving ...
Saw another 40 sitting on the side of the road, stopped to chat for a few. He has 3 for sale right now........

I am presently enjoying the beautiful scenery that you call your backyard.
Landed in Jackson Hole, staying nearby. Drove over the Snake river. Man this part of the country is beautiful.
Bad photo but it was near dusk and I was driving
80B2A65A-E955-477C-8315-B57BE72669BA.jpeg

Saw you may have had a non-usa 2F cyclonic air cleaner and you have the '74. Did you notice a difference between the mounting brackets off the head? I'm hoping the bracket I got will work on the 75-80 2F air cleaner.

Saw you may have had a non-usa 2F cyclonic air cleaner and you have the '74. Did you notice a difference between the mounting brackets off the head? I'm hoping the bracket I got will work on the 75-80 2F air cleaner.
I think the mounting bracket was the same for these, the big difference was the height at the carb.

I can take some pics and get some measurements if you need some.

Right rear.

Interesting.
20210625_175745.jpg

I've noticed some abnormal wear on my right front tire lately so I decided to rotate them and check the front end for any unusual wear or damage.

Nothing really seemed out of the ordinary to the untrained amateur eye, other than the tread wear.

The toe in was right at 1/4" at a 36" reference point, I did adjust that out just about a shaved hair over 1/16". I'm sure you understand.

I did notice that the camber was suspicious, the tread wear is on the outer edge of the right front, pretty obvious wear, cupping to go along with it.

I didn't take an exact degree reading of the camber angle due to the fact that it's fixed, nothing I can adjust on it.

We all like pics.

Here's the disc's with a level on them, axle checked out to be fairly level(ish).
20210625_205258.jpg
20210625_205335.jpg

Did manage to spend a day floating the river last week, caught a decent cutbow on a dry, didn't really fish much.

17492.jpeg

I think the mounting bracket was the same for these, the big difference was the height at the carb.

I can take some pics and get some measurements if you need some.
Thanks! Not yet...air cleaner is on the way but needed the bracket Suppose I'll find out once it all lands here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom