Aftermarket seats for 70 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We did a set of these for my employee.....super cool.
View attachment 2600735

Old thread revival .. they are wider than the factory ones .?

I have my fridge in the midddle and underbox ...would like to keep those setups even with the seats on ( Vario XXL I was quote )

Old thread revival .. they are wider than the factory ones .?

I have my fridge in the midddle and underbox ...would like to keep those setups even with the seats on ( Vario XXL I was quote )
I'd have to do a quick measurement on standard seats vs. the aftermarkets. I don't think they're much wider....maybe narrower if anything.

Not sure the base is wider on the XXL....maybe just the back? I've never had any XXLs come thru our shop.

I'm curious, if anyone installed scheel-mann seats on factory suspension seat bases what adapter did you use? Have been speaking with Toby and we can't seem to find anything off the self that will work.

he had this photo to share, so something must exist, but said the adapter was already present when they installed the seats.

IMG_2702_3_preview.jpg

View attachment 1544478 Just a teaser pic of about half the 7x seats I am hoarding ;)

The brown one on the right is a Scheelman seat and if someone wants it they can have it for free as long as you come and pick it up at the shop !
Any chance you are still a purveyor of seats? I’m in the market. Looking for 50/50 seats for a fj75
View attachment 1544478 Just a teaser pic of about half the 7x seats I am hoarding ;)

The brown one on the right is a Scheelman seat and if someone wants it they can have it for free as long as you come and pick it up at the shop !

Any chance you are still a purveyor of seats? I’m in the market. Looking for 50/50 seats for a fj75
I have some seats here and will be cleaning up the shop next year and might put some of the oem stuff for sale

I was able to use a pair of Hyundai Tiburon seats that I got from the junkyard for $50.

I was able to use them with the stock suspension platform and use the stock seat heaters that were in the Tiburon.

Here is a picture of one of them installed. Had to take a break during this project as i had a grinder incident in the middle of it.

bj73 seats.jpg

I'm curious, if anyone installed scheel-mann seats on factory suspension seat bases what adapter did you use? Have been speaking with Toby and we can't seem to find anything off the self that will work.

he had this photo to share, so something must exist, but said the adapter was already present when they installed the seats.

View attachment 2972004
Hmmmm, this interior looks very familiar!

Only got grey seats from Euro spec models , no brown nor blue
Do you have pictures of what they look like? Also, are these the low rail models? Someone replaced the driver seat in mine, but the inside rail is raised so they put a square iron spacer there.

Do you have pictures of what they look like? Also, are these the low rail models? Someone replaced the driver seat in mine, but the inside rail is raised so they put a square iron spacer there.
Once I get to that part of the shop for deep clean I will take some pics of the ones I might let go
BC3A8DDD-A823-4175-A723-E13DF4D576E0.jpeg

I have Scheel-Mann seats in my hzj73 and hdj79,,one of the best upgrades to my land cruisers,,

By the way Toby ,,the Scheel-Mann distributor for North America is a great guy to deal with,

I ordered one of these, want to see how I like it before I pull the trigger on a matching one for the passenger side.

S242 Grey Checkerboard Cloth cushions, S211 Grey
leatherette Bolsters. Vario includes: Adjustable length
lower cushion, adjustable upper bolsters, and
adjustable 4 way lumbar support. $1699, W/Heat $139,
W/Net $59.

+ Double locking sliding rails for flat mounting.

I have the suspension bases so I will have to fabricate a bracket. should be pretty easy I'm hoping. I actually think the toyota sliders might work with a little modification but I ordered one of their slides just in case. My OEM seats are actually in really great shape but the seat foams are pretty shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom