Aftermarket seats for 70 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool Charles. They look great. Suspension, too, is that right? So where were 77's generally sold? I guess look for part-outs. Probably cheaper than Scheel-Mann for sure.
Yes, they are "bouncy seats" and to my knowledge the 77 Series was strictly an mainland Japanese vehicle. :)

My FJ73 also has the suspension seats. No idea if original or not.

I understand the bases are interchangeable between trucks, but not the seats - you can't put non-susp seats on susp bases. Right?

I have not been around enough 70 series to make the comparison between non suspension and suspension but it is my understanding the difference is mounts in the floor between the two.

My '92 HZJ73 has the suspension seats too - not my favorite. I emailed Scheel-Mann a few days ago and have yet to hear back from them, I'll let you know know what I find out.

Anybody ever tried to fit VX 80 ser heated seats in a 70 ? I have a lead on a pair of heated ones coming up for sale soon ?

I have ran Procar Elite Lumbars in several Cruisers. Great seats! I have also ran junkyard seats in some of my trucks.

It has always been easy for me to fit whatever seats I want. I simply sacrifice the original seat legs or feet by cutting them off the stock seats and moving them over to whatever seats I am using. Procar also offers a sliding base which I have used as well.

Also, FYI; the seat sliders in 70-series are longer than in any other Cruiser I have seen. This may also just be SWB trucks, the seats slide a lot to allow access to the rear seat and entry. FJ60 seat sliders are a match, even the feet match up but the are shorter which doesn't allow much throw or slide compared to the ones in my SWB 70. I had one slider that needed rebuild, I got some second hand FJ60 sliders, tore them down and used the parts (rollers) to refresh my sliders.

Cheers

Bj75

Looks like they have a good inventory of recaro seats.

I'll be there the Monday after thanksgiving.

The new "touring" seat looks nice.

Home | Procar by SCAT | Custom Seating Solutions

FYI, 60/62 seat sliders are a direct match to 70-series. I compared 60 sliders to the SWB 70 I have. Exact match except one thing, the 60/62 slider is shorter so has less throw in the amount it will slide. I suspect this is for 2-door 70's only since a long slider gives better access to the rear seat. I am pretty sure the 60/62 will match up perfectly to any 4-door 70.

If you are not willing to sacrifice the feet off your 70 seats to fit new seats, you can use 60/62 feet. It is very easy to cut off the feet from any slider, bolt them in the truck, set whatever slider you want on them, weld on and away you go. I have done this several times fitting Procar seats to 60's & 80's. Last time I did it I used the Procar universal slider.

Cheers

The new "touring" seat looks nice.

Home | Procar by SCAT | Custom Seating Solutions

FYI, 60/62 seat sliders are a direct match to 70-series. I compared 60 sliders to the SWB 70 I have. Exact match except one thing, the 60/62 slider is shorter so has less throw in the amount it will slide. I suspect this is for 2-door 70's only since a long slider gives better access to the rear seat. I am pretty sure the 60/62 will match up perfectly to any 4-door 70.

If you are not willing to sacrifice the feet off your 70 seats to fit new seats, you can use 60/62 feet. It is very easy to cut off the feet from any slider, bolt them in the truck, set whatever slider you want on them, weld on and away you go. I have done this several times fitting Procar seats to 60's & 80's. Last time I did it I used the Procar universal slider.

Cheers

The 60 series rails are attached to the feet and need to be cut off I am assuming? Can we bolt in 60 series seats into a 70? Mine is a 1985 BJ70. Or will it need to be cut/modded to fit?

The 60 series rails are attached to the feet and need to be cut off I am assuming? Can we bolt in 60 series seats into a 70? Mine is a 1985 BJ70. Or will it need to be cut/modded to fit?

60-series rails bolt in. Try it and see for yourself. This is for normal seats, suspension seats seem to have a different mounting pattern or spread.

Cutting off the feet is so you can fit any seat you want.

Cheers

I’ve got Supra-celica seats in my 77. Love them. At some point I’ll get them refinished with heater/coolers and memory foam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom