A tale of two trucks ;) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven’t bought the rebuild kit yet. Wanted to ensure this original motor is worthy.

Update: a tale of two trucks is now a tale of one. Sold the primer one a few weeks ago. The 1F motor is still with machinist for complete rebuild. My current job is stupid busy and erratic making it tough to do anything.

Later this year I’ll take her down to frame and clean / paint it the frame. Then, I’ll put the rebuilt motor in and go from there. Hopefully the Offenhauser and double SD40s works well with it. Still searching for better fenders and doors. Not convinced that I want to spend a ton on paint. I’m thinking DIY. I have a complete pto winch setup to slap on it. First things first though.

So, no real updates.

When you get it running, and I get my 45 running, we’ll have to get together and see who’s dual offy setup is faster, lol.

No updates. But I had another army buddy pick this up before coming down to visit!

060EE4A9-765D-4759-BBAB-D6DBE5ECE2A2.jpeg

Yup. Couldn’t pass it up. Not sure it everything is there... I’ll post pics in a week or so.

Yup. Couldn’t pass it up. Not sure it everything is there... I’ll post pics in a week or so.

Well, three years more behind us:

Time to get after this project and a couple more. Just a quick recap: this old girl came out of Oakhurst, Ca. She’s been sitting in SC, LA, and now AL. When I was in LA, I got screwed over by a machine shop that went under and did nothing but tear my motor down. Thank goodness I got the original back, but in pieces though.
Fast forward to 2021. I just retired from the army and now have a house and a shop.. most importantly, stability. I just bought JP’s fire truck F motor and drivetrain. So, this 45 will get that. I’ve begun prepping her for this transplant. I’m thinking I’ll get her running, driving, and stopping. Then chip away at improvements while enjoying her. More tomorrow.

I hope it will be running and driving by the time I come down there.
My definition of running/driving might differ from others on this forum..... 😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom