Wanted 90s 77 or 78 Series | California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Hey all!

Looking to buy my first Land Cruiser and of course the model I have fallen in love with has to be the most pain in the butt for the state I live in.

Necessary:
- Either already registered in California/CARB compliant OR cheap enough to not make me go bankrupt making it compliant
- Four door 77 series (would be fine with a HZJ73 if there's one available, they have grown on me a bit)
- In decent working condition (fine with a bit of a project in terms of interior and exterior as long as it runs)
- not a rust bucket :skull:

Wants (but not necessary):
- Diesel, but have heard from some sources/importers that shops like G&K (Ew) won't do diesel compliance work (or can't?) even though I have seen the threads on here to prove the opposite
- RHD is totally fine :)
- Would prefer auto but fine with manual as well

I know it's a lot to ask and I am sure there are thousands of other dreamers out there like me hunting for the perfect rig. Any insights, thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated -- open to everything, especially when it comes to the California compliance and testing. I should just move lol or get a 60 like a normal person

Thanks!!

Last edited:
As far as I can tell from reading the original post this truck was registered in CA then attempted to be sold to another owner in CA when the DMV voided the plates. You can see the old plates in the photo as well

Surprising. If the vehicle is already in the system then a vehicle verification isn't required. The verification is the only point in the process where the state would notice the missing federal sticker.

@octobloc I have an LJ70 that is CA registered and titled. Left hand drive, diesel, runs perfectly. I’ve been trying to trade it for a 45 or 75 pickup, but I might just sell it. Let me know if you’re interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom