8x Series V8 Swaps (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cable dude, is that a 4l60? I got mine to work similar to your example on a 4l80. But I had to make a super crazy bracket for my plug. I’ll have to snap some photos tomorrow. I can’t get low gear. It’s not limiting on the Toyota shifter. It’s my angle on the transmission. Hard to explain but the angle it pushes forward from isn’t right to fully shift through the gears. I can get PRND, and for now I’ll take it. But I’m going to need to do some rework.

Cable dude, is that a 4l60? I got mine to work similar to your example on a 4l80. But I had to make a super crazy bracket for my plug. I’ll have to snap some photos tomorrow. I can’t get low gear. It’s not limiting on the Toyota shifter. It’s my angle on the transmission. Hard to explain but the angle it pushes forward from isn’t right to fully shift through the gears. I can get PRND, and for now I’ll take it. But I’m going to need to do some rework.
Yeah it’s a 60

Just looked at a 2002 gmc2500 with a 6.0 to swap into my '94. What are the pros and cons of drive by cable vs drive by wire?

Just looked at a 2002 gmc2500 with a 6.0 to swap into my '94. What are the pros and cons of drive by cable vs drive by wire?
Drive by cable doesn't randomly turn the accelerator pedal sender off and throw a "accelerator desync" code. :censor:

you can swap them back and forth with some parts and tuning. So really if the motor is in good shape go for it. DBC is an easier swap, from a fabrication point of view. You will need to swap in an electric pedal etc. it is easier to install GM cruise. But really, get it if it’s a good deal.

I found a relocation bracket that let's me keep the stock PS. I had thought about buying your mounts but wasn't real sure how well they worked with the marks TC adapter. Also saw a few people had problems with your mounts so wasn't super excited to try them.
I have some of his 80 mounts in my swap. Absolutely no issues aside from one of the upper retaining bolts being difficult to get to. I left it out and I've put 25k miles on my swap with no issues. :)

I have that exact setup, DBC from an 02 LQ4, into a 94, I retained the Toyota cable.

Pros of DBC:
easy fab
Less electronics
Simpler troubleshooting if needed
No pedal mods needed

Cons of DBC:
Little bit of a challenge to get cruise control working.
If you have a DBW throttle body stock, you'll have to pinout a TPS and IAC into the wiring harness (not very complicated at all if you have the pinout diagram for your ECU)

I'd say reverse that for pros and cons of DBW.

Congrats. I'm not sure what we're doing here.
Just letting you know they they are all good, you said you were having some issues, someone suggested a product, you said you heard bad things, was letting you know I didn't have issues. Just trying to be helpful :)

Getting closer to being on the road. Got a killer deal on a wegner kit so I couldn't pass it up.
864C2FAC-0255-4CB1-8703-E5B3233C743F_1_105_c.jpeg
A53D8E7B-D4AE-42E7-A40B-DF71F58B8E1C_1_105_c.jpeg

2UZ swap questions:

I’ve been researching putting a 2UZ into my 80. The UZ engines are common swaps here and they are significantly cheaper than an LS/4L60e combo plus the required Marks gear.

There are several years of UZJ100 that had a 2UZ with an A442F behind them.

The threads I’ve been through would suggest that a custom crossmember is needed. This doesn’t make sense to me, given that the length of the A442F doesn’t change.

Is there a firewall clearance issue? Can someone explain why the factory crossmember wouldn’t work? Or am I in uncharted territory?

2UZ swap questions:

I’ve been researching putting a 2UZ into my 80. The UZ engines are common swaps here and they are significantly cheaper than an LS/4L60e combo plus the required Marks gear.

There are several years of UZJ100 that had a 2UZ with an A442F behind them.

The threads I’ve been through would suggest that a custom crossmember is needed. This doesn’t make sense to me, given that the length of the A442F doesn’t change.

Is there a firewall clearance issue? Can someone explain why the factory crossmember wouldn’t work? Or am I in uncharted territory?

If you left the transmission in the stock location the 2UZ heads would interfere with the firewall by several inches, with the 1FZ/HZ/HD it kind of curves around the engine.
Same issue with a343. Gotta move the transmission/transfer forwards a bit.

If you left the transmission in the stock location the 2UZ heads would interfere with the firewall by several inches, with the 1FZ/HZ/HD it kind of curves around the engine.
Uhh yeah that doesn't sound like fun major pain in the ass making fire wall clearance and no this isn't for a 2uz.

20230420_221750.jpg

20230420_222109.jpg

20230420_222122.jpg

20230420_223402.jpg

If I remember right the A343 on my 2UZ 80 was moved forwards about 5”. About the width of the crossmember

What interference happens moving the 2uz that far forward?

If the transmission isn’t moved forwards then one would have to chop the firewall.
There is plenty of room in the 80 tunnel for the a343/hf2a combo to move forwards.

Thanks, yeah figured this was it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom