8x Series V8 Swaps (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I connected mine to the positive cable block on the 5.3

397132FE-1383-4739-A072-309C9FEFEB80.jpeg

4L60E / Marks4wd Adapter people:

What did you do about the high/low shift lever?

I could imagine drilling/modifying the adapter bracket from Marks4wd to work with the later-style high/low lever.
I've also heard that the earlier-style high/low lever is what the Marks4wd adapter was designed for. Can anyone confirm this on their builds?

IMG-2382.jpg

Last edited:

I could imagine drilling/modifying the adapter bracket from Marks4wd to work with the later-style high/low lever.
I've also heard that the earlier-style high/low lever is what the Marks4wd adapter was designed for. Can anyone confirm this on their builds?

View attachment 3028470
Here’s what 808Keith did, and what I’m doing.

CE7FD78A-131A-46B1-A805-A5293558A3DB.png

B83ECC13-3910-4552-8461-A693C345BFD3.png

View attachment 3028470
this is what i did

IMG_2408.JPG

View attachment 3028470
Make you own plate to mount the layer style is what you’ll have to do. Easy peasy.

First, hopefully only, test fit.

So far I've found out:
1. I need to change my P/S reservoir to a lower profile one
2. Fuel vapor purge valve needs to be relocated or deleted to clear the hood
3. A/C compressor does not clear the passenger side frame horn (thanks for the heads up Joshua Cole)
4. The front driveshaft looks awfully close to the 4l60e transmission oil pan. May have to do some hammering.

My plan is to get the wiring and plumbing sorted out enough to start the engine and confirm it runs well. Then pull the engine/trans/t-case out to cut and weld the passenger frame rail, install some heat insulation, modify high/low shifter bracket...etc.

IMG-2393.jpg

IMG-2394.jpg

So far I've found out:
3. A/C compressor does not clear the passenger side frame horn (thanks for the heads up Joshua Cole)
4. The front driveshaft looks awfully close to the 4l60e transmission oil pan. May have to do some hammering.

My plan is to get the wiring and plumbing sorted out enough to start the engine and confirm it runs well. Then pull the engine/trans/t-case out to cut and weld the passenger frame rail, install some heat insulation, modify high/low shifter bracket...etc.

View attachment 3029764

View attachment 3029765
I cut out about a 1/2” of the bottom of the transmissions pan on that side. Then tapped it in and welded. Used JB weld for a couple pin holes and she’s got plenty of room now.

So far I've found out:

View attachment 3029764

View attachment 3029765
use older style power steering pump and move the engine to driver side and your a/c will fit without any cutting

for oil pan , just use shallow oil pan and no cutting necessary

4l60e-shallow-vs-deep-transmission-pan.jpg

use older style power steering pump and move the engine to driver side and your a/c will fit without any cutting

for oil pan , just use shallow oil pan and no cutting necessary

View attachment 3029862
And get the correct filter with the shallow pan. This is why i modified mine, lol. Didn’t get the filter and wanted it done.
The only cutting should be of the motor mount. No frame cutting needed. My motor mount on the passenger side and 2 mounting holes. I took out 2-3” out of the front to back width and put the front piece back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom