8x Series V8 Swaps (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here’s the Holley Flowtechs. $235 delivered
And no the fuel line isnt staying there.
E4D1B700-F014-460F-8B12-D940B4D360D9.jpeg

3C22506B-314E-4DD9-AD0B-ABE4B4314DE8.jpeg

Trying to clean up fj80 engine harness, keep coolant temp wire, oil pressure wire, tcase harness...cut the rest? Swap has a standalone harness
View attachment 3017421
Is that the harness that goes into the oil pressure connector, washer bottle pump? If so, keep it. I’m finishing up my swap and was glad i didn’t cut off a lot of connectors. I’m waiting on my old engine harness to pull the trans wiring out that goes from EC1&EC2 to IH1

Is that the harness that goes into the oil pressure connector, washer bottle pump? If so, keep it. I’m finishing up my swap and was glad i didn’t cut off a lot of connectors. I’m waiting on my old engine harness to pull the trans wiring out that goes from EC1&EC2 to IH1
Yea, maybe I'll just throw the swap in 1st and trim old harness after it's going.

I used the 2 ends from the donor. I cut off the old/original hose and it is barbed. Bought the 2 fittings on the back of the filter and went to auto wrecker for another Chevy end. Cut the old/original line off the Toyota side and it’s barb’d too. Used otyiger clamps all all ends
0381EBEE-2788-4A35-A490-5374993CF5A8.jpeg

8126F244-9BDD-4AD8-B2BB-2DA5A7525C8D.jpeg

E134A033-EEA1-41FE-9C8D-2429CC638EB0.jpeg

I used the 2 ends from the donor. I cut off the old/original hose and it is barbed. Bought the 2 fittings on the back of the filter and went to auto wrecker for another Chevy end. Cut the old/original line off the Toyota side and it’s barb’d too. Used otyiger clamps all all ends View attachment 3017510

View attachment 3017512

View attachment 3017513
This may cause issues. I had my fuel filter mounted to the fuel rail. Used the stock feed and return. Had a vapor issue. By the time the fuel on the return side got back to the tank it was vapor. Basically vapor locking. It messed up the fuel pump too.

Last edited:
This may cause issues. I had my fuel filter mounted to the fuel rail. Used the stock feed and return. Had a vapor issue. By the time the fuel on the return side got back to the tank it was vapor. Basically vapor locking. It messed up the fuel price no too.
I will remember this. I’m still on the final part of my swap. If I run across an issue, I will look into this.

This looks great. I will def order these....That engine mount almost looks stock. Did you just re-work the original?
The engine mounts on my 96 were in the right spot for the mounts I bought. They were made by The Land Cruiser Shop. They were made for ls into 1FZ based LC. The passenger side frame mount has to mount holes. It bolts to the rear one. I trimmed the mount to fit the a/c compressor. Took roughly 3” out

The engine mounts on my 96 were in the right spot for the mounts I bought. They were made by The Land Cruiser Shop. They were made for ls into 1FZ based LC. The passenger side frame mount has to mount holes. It bolts to the rear one. I trimmed the mount to fit the a/c compressor. Took roughly 3” out
Using the land cruiser shop mounts, you had to cut the passenger side factory frame horn to clear the ac compressor? Do you have a picture of this?

Yes I did cut out about 2-3” from the passenger mount, so the A/C has about an 1” of room behind it. Pictures aren’t the greatest, sorry. I cut the front end off, then removed a section, then rewelded the end back on.

AD9AAD6E-33F1-405B-B1DA-8FB7DAAA7E60.jpeg

A86B3D0E-0163-4CD2-8A5A-094C635C9C32.jpeg

40A5D0C0-4F5E-4929-8998-CDD2C01B5B6D.jpeg

I used the 2 ends from the donor. I cut off the old/original hose and it is barbed. Bought the 2 fittings on the back of the filter and went to auto wrecker for another Chevy end. Cut the old/original line off the Toyota side and it’s barb’d too. Used otyiger clamps all all ends View attachment 3017510

View attachment 3017512

View attachment 3017513
i used same fuel line clamp and it ended up leaking so i went with regular screw type clamp and no problems any more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom