Registry 80 Series Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

46 inch Arctic Trucks _DSC2951.jpg

I was pondering the idea of having something for the 80 series guys, and hijacking the idea from the 100's and 60's about a registery or picture album in the sticky section. So...here goes, hopefully we'll get it moved to the sticky.

1. Year and model
2. Name of owner
3. Name of rig
4. Mileage
5. Mods...if any
6. How the truck is used
7. Photo. again...small to save space :)

Yeah... if you look in the 60 registery, there is nothing really different between the two, but might as well give us something to do with our endless nights on Mud. Haha

This is not anything like the ROTW, this is for everyone and anyone who wants to show us their rig. Feel free to. That's why its here. Well...now anyway's.
1. 1995 Fj80
2. Will
3. Mr. Clean
4. 258,000
5. 2.5" TJM lift kit from Slee Offroad
6. Daily Driver, Work Truck, Off Road.

Hello All, My name is Will. I just recently finished the fist stage of modification to my Fj. I grew up driving the truck and after I tried the whole jeep thing, I bought it from Dad. I had always been impressed by the way the truck handled all the stupid stuff a sixteen year-old could throw at it, and so after several years and a couple different cars, I gave up on Jeeps sold my Subaru and bought it from my dad. So far, I couldn't be more pleased. Since I purchased it I've done the following.

Replaced a few of the wheel studs
Repacked/replaced a few of the bearings
Replaced PHH
Put a TJM 2.5" Lift with 9 stage Tiger Shocks
Added a Safari rack with high lift and other recovery tools.

After giving the build a good shakedown at All4fun (met Woody), I've got a few things to patch up and tighten, but I was extremely pleased with it all. During the build, 'Mud was an invaluable resource so many thanks to those who posted in the threads relating to the mods.
~Will

IMG_0175.jpg

Just found and bought my FZJ80 last week. I sold my '08 FJ Cruiser and picked up this for a new project car. It's almost completely stock, and I'm really looking forward to slowly building it up.

1. '94 Land Cruiser
2. Aaron
3. Umm
4. 162,300
5. None......... yet
6. DD, weekend project
7. Brand new here and can't attach a pic yet.

Anyone here know anything about 97 FZ Auto Transmission? I got some issues!!
I recommend starting a thread in the 80 tech section and list the details of the issues your having. Also some past trans related threads that might be useful using the search function.

1. 1997 FZJ80
2. J-Dam
3. My kid calls it "Big White Truck" which we've changed to "Big Whisky Tango"
4. 256,000 miles
5. 2.5" OME, 35" Toyo M/T's, eagle alloy 137 17"*8" wheels.
ARB front/rear lockers, Slee short bus bumper, warn 9000lb winch. All done by previous owner. I added the factory center locker switch, and OME caster correction kit so far.
6. Camping wagon, hunting, 4*4 trips

image.jpg

image.jpg

1. 1995 fzj80
2. J. Miller
3. Unnammed as of yet
4. 129500
5. All mods by the p.o. so far I'm guessing 2.5 ome lift with heavy springs, 33/12.5 toyot open country sweet slee front bumper, 9000 lbs winch with nylon rope, rock sliders can't remember the brand. A bunch of alignment and bushing upgrades. I put a new deck and satellite radio in it, pulled the door cards off and realized that finding speakers to fit will be fun. Waiting on some that some one mentioned on the forum will fit. I'll defently post if they fit, seems to not be any recent success of finding 6.5s that fit the front. I also ordered interior leds.
6. Finding all the mysteries of the black hills, and overland.
Pictures to come. I freaking love this place.
Future mods, water temp gauge mod, breather mod, rear bumper and roof basket, dual batteries, more lights.

The truck is real clean i need to get an under the hood picture i would eat off it. The ac isn't working, not stoked about that.

20140811_161020_resized.jpg

20140811_160956_resized.jpg

Don't forget to add your rig to the google map i created!! You can see all the 80 series around the world. Add yours!! Need a google log in to add to the map, no google login? PM me and I'll add your rig. Just need your vehicle year any general location.

80 Series Landcruisers of the World!!

Last edited:
I wanted to add mine, but I don't know how to put down the 'pin' on the map...
Click edit (don't edit the title) , then choose the place marker at the top left of the map.
Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 10.25.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 10.25.44 PM.png

1 1996 Lexus lx450

2. Eric Valdes

3. Usually refer to it as the Cruiser or the beast

4. 183000 miles

5. Recently installed a tjm bumper, ome 2.5 lift, arb air locker and compressor
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408548677.714620.jpg
, and 33" cooper STT tires.

6. Daily driver and overland rig

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408548677.714620.jpg

1. 1994 FZJ80 Automatic
2. Webby
3. In need of a name
4. 175,000 km
5. 3" lift, 33" muddies, LED light bar, Kaymar swing away wheel carrier, rock lights, reverse light, sliders, front sway bar disconnect, sway bar extensions all round, roof rack
6. Daily Driver, Tourer (working towards extreme tourer)
7. Photos to come

1. 1993 FJZ-80
2. Blade
3. Erl
4. 216k body, 20k on drivetrain (japan longblock, rebuilt trans)
5. OME 2" delux (850J front 860 rears), Uniden CB, center diff lock, Sliders, front and rear bumpers, 6" piaas, clearance mod exhaust, safari snorkel
6. PT DD/Weekend adventurer

1995 FZJ80 150k on the ticker.
Owner: Wookie
Name of Rig: Andrew, He's from Milwaukee
Mostly Stock, OME Medium Load Kit, Weather-tech floor mats, Yakima Surf rack, rehab stock exhaust, fixed rear main seal leak,Goodyear Wranglers AT
He's my daily driver and love exploring the back roads!

97-TLC.png
97-TLC.png
1.Recently purchased this '97 40th Anniv Edition - Factory Lockers
2. Richard
3. No Name
4. 207k miles
5. Bought the truck with modifications - ARB non-winch front bumper, unknown roof rack, sliders, and rear bumper. Has well made skid plates. CDL mod. Previously removed flares, exhaust mod for better ground clearance, J Springs.
6. Used as DD, camping, off-road

If anybody recognizes this truck, PM me with info you may know. It came from Ohio via Northern Kentucky.

97-TLC-Rear.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom