Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would do something like the King Ranch or even the Toyota 1874

I like the “look” of the King Ranch. I’m shying away from leather. But, that color/shade is in the ballpark…👍

These two tone are look nice

You could do a 2 tone also. Do the side bolsters black and center brown. This is all turning out pretty nice.

Kicking around the 2 tone look. Seat backs and jump seat frames are going back in black vice silver. Still debating door cards. Match the seats or black?!

Last edited:
The ol’ mule is getting a little too high cotton!

All high falutin and stuff.

It is a Fer’ piece from the storage bld “Facelift”.

IMHO it’s a little surreal how this thing is turning out. The prep work put in by the shop definitely shows. From working the raw aluminum down to the final wet sanding, there was no half stepping.

Working with the Aq tub helped considerably with the prep time.

I have this nagging feeling, I’ll soon be looking for something to slap diamond plate on and chase rabbits through the multi flora rose with.🙄

Last edited:
I am a fan of ease of maintenance. My FJ40 charcoal gray seats require no cleaning until I decide they may need a quick wipe. It just doesn’t really show dirt. I had a king ranch f-150 in 2001 and the seats picked up small stains within the first year. After 16 yrs it looked shabby but also had 296,000+ miles on it.

Back in the late ‘60’s, blue jeans were dark blue and eventually faded with tons of washes. They did leave stains at times. Looking long term may provide some color insight.. I’ve been married almost 5 decades so my wife has had some design “ideas” over time with light color things. They usually looked great the first year or so….2 dogs, 2 kids and occasional house parties turned her ideas into more soil resistant themes.

No doubt those striking contrasts will give a big wow factor…but it’s a Land Cruiser that looks like it just rolled off the assembly line, so that’s already built in.

My 2 cents…….ive been stuck in the house for 3 weeks,4 days and 7 hours…. Developed lots of dumb opinions, bear that in mind

Regardless of the path I meander down, I’m sticking with the Marine Grade Vinyl. The grey seats that are in it now are MGV and they have held up exceedingly well.

3weeks, 4 days and 7-8-9 hours is sufficient time to work up some opinions…😎 I was in for 10 days recently and I wrote a manifesto… Just Say’en.

Kicking around the 2 tone look. Seat backs and jump seat frames are going back in black vice silver. Still debating door cards. Match the seats or black?!
I would say color match the door cards to the seats. My opinion anyway. Most wives love picking colors. So if you let her pick, it kind of becomes a bit of a his and hers project typically and can be more fun for her when around the 40 if she picked the colors. Also, it may sound crazy, but consider heated and ventilated seat cushion kits such as from katzkin for the front seats. It will really help in the heat or cold. My 80 series has heated and cooled seats. The seat ventilation stays on all summer. Makes it much more enjoyable.

Most wives love picking colors. So if you let her pick, it kind of becomes a bit of a his and hers project typically and can be more fun for her when around the 40 if she picked the colors.

Go back and Have a look at post #2355. Save it for your morning coffee…😉

I’d say for seat color go with the saddle brown that you posted in the picks a few posts back. Marine grade vinyl with a leather look. Same color for the door cards. This thing will look as good as a well fitted Filson field coat.

If it ain't WVU colors I'm unfollowing!

I’d say for seat color go with the saddle brown that you posted in the picks a few posts back. Marine grade vinyl with a leather look. Same color for the door cards. This thing will look as good as a well fitted Filson field coat.

Shooo weeee. “Filson field coat” that’s courting’ high cotton right there. I’m just a humble “Orvis” man. Wouldn’t want to go putting on airs..😉

Definitely in the “saddle brown” family (MGV). For the seats and jump seats. I’m on the fence with the doors cards. Seat backs and hardware are all black, jump seat frames are all black, dash pad is black. If I had to decide today I’m rolling with the brown door cards. I’m just letting the idea(s) simmer for awhile.

Inside the cab, all the usual suspects will be as close to the YOTA silver/pewter as we can get.

Headliner…..The headliner has become the hot topic of debate. Stock(ish) white or ???.

Last edited:
If it ain't WVU colors I'm unfollowing!

1708775114899.gif

I would do something like the King Ranch or even the Toyota 1874

Some of the YOTA 1794 interiors are “spot on”. Although, I’m forgoing the leather in favor of the Marine Grade Vinyl.

This is all turning out pretty nice.

Gotta give props where props are due. Here’s a nod to you and “others” on the Aq choice. I lurked so long on your thread you could claim me as a “dependent”. 😎

Factory headliner just because they are unique and one of the features that say “FJ40”

Factory headliner just because they are unique and one of the features that say “FJ40”

We’re Singing from the same hymnal.

I like the stock-ish liner. IMHO it adds a contrast, lightens the cab and gives a wink and a nod to OE.

However, there are dark forces at work who would disregard the OE look in favor of a sinister custom liner. 🙄

We’re Singing from the same hymnal.

I like the stock-ish liner. IMHO it adds a contrast, lightens the cab and gives a wink and a nod to OE.

However, there are dark forces at work who would disregard the OE look in favor of a sinister custom liner. 🙄
So we’ve settled on OEM headliner with pink stitching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom