74 fj40 timing question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is how I have my distributor set, I'm afraid that I have it a tooth off on the cam. 83 Fj60 dizzy and flywheel on a 1.5f don't really know if that makes too much of a difference

20230806_163359.jpg
20230806_163500.jpg

Screenshot_20230806_201555_Chrome.jpg

That looks to be in the general neighborhood , maybe a bit retarded. What i dislike about the 60 dizzy is how the hold down limits how far you can rotate the body.

I can’t tell in that blurry pic if your flywheel pointer is on the line or the BB. If you had the pointer on the bb instead of the TDC line, that would account for 7 degrees difference between your pic of the rotor, and the diagram.

One tooth off accounts for 27.69 degrees.
(360 divided by 13 teeth)

The position of the rotor doesn't have anything to do with how much advance it's set at. The rotating of the distributor housing sets the advance. It ok to have the rotor a tooth off as long as you can rotate the distributor housing to the desired advance.

I can’t tell in that blurry pic if your flywheel pointer is on the line or the BB. If you had the pointer on the bb instead of the TDC line, that would account for 7 degrees difference between your pic of the rotor, and the diagram.

It is at the TDC line

That looks to be in the general neighborhood , maybe a bit retarded. What i dislike about the 60 dizzy is how the hold down limits how far you can rotate the body.
Ya kinda retarded like me lmao, so i guess its fitting. I can agree there... you can always grind off the slot and make a clamp that you can have full rotation. Mine is actually broke off lol. I need to fully grind the ears off and make a hold down much like the dui dizzys have.

16914440028841981717259613504467.jpg

Re-reading my post, I should clarify. Rotating the distributor shaft one tooth moves the rotor position 27.69 degrees. As pb4ugo pointed out, the timing is set by dizzy housing position.

Here is my other ignition set up that I'm using for testing purposes only lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom