4x4Labs Summer 2019 Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spoke to 4x4Labs today about a rear bumper for my 80. I asked about the possibility of a group buy and they offered to do their usual 10% if we can get 10 orders rounded up.

Who's in?

Additional info:
I spoke with them again today and confirmed that this deal will be good for anything in their online store, so yes to kits vs complete bumpers and yes to sliders.

We got our 10 in! The discount code is 'mud2019' and is good through 7/31.

Last edited:
Is this GB for kits and complete bumpers. Either way, I am interested in a rear one.

Interested.

In case anyone is new to 4x4 Labs group buys, be aware that it also means they will get slammed with orders. The 10% off should also be assumed to come with a strong possibility of delayed lead times. It may also result in the vendor being slower to respond than usual. This normally gets mentioned on page 4 or 5 of these threads.

Also, there was a recent thread about the quality of the powder coat 4x4 Labs uses. Last I checked the thread, Luke (who owns 4x4 Labs) had not posted anything up there to comment on the issue. To me, that is a real deterrent to buying a bumper from 4x4 Labs. I think his bumpers are great, but if I bought one I'd have it PC'd locally. Just my two cents.

I've had a 4x4 Labs rear bumper on my rig since 2011...two swingouts, and a bunch of modular accessories Luke made as well, with Slee sliders and a Slee Shortbus. I had ARB front and rear, and the current 4x4 Labs setup is far superior IMO. My rig is no garage queen and sees all extremes of weather, and the PC is still in great shape, no rust, no issues. Maybe quality control has changed since then, but honestly, it is of the highest quality product made well by a stand up guy.

I have installed a handful of Luke's bumpers and ordered a few more that customers have installed themselves. Nothing but good to say about them. You *might* be able to argue that the powdercoat could be thicker/stronger. But it is at least as good as the PC on ARB bumpers and is in no way a point that I would fault them for. As it happens I sometimes order Luke's bumpers raw and will also will take a brand new ARB to my local powder coater to have the bumpers coated locally. But that is because I have a guy that does excellent heavy duty work and I know from experience that his work holds up to the Alaska road grit and salt for many many seasons more than anything I have seen any manufacturer apply.

Mark...

I got my rear swing out and sliders from Luke about 2 years back and the powder coating is perfect. Obviously there are areas under the sliders where they have done their job that have lost the PC but nothing more than expected. Chopping the rear cross member concerned me a little as well but when you see what replaces it you will not be disappointed. Do expect a lead time of 6 -8 weeks but once you know that life is good.

I think I am probably 90% in for a rear bumper if this GB happens.

That other thread on the rust issues with the PC had me worried. Thinking about just going raw and painting myself. Then it will match the TG on the front.

I spoke with them again today and confirmed that this deal will be good for anything in their online store, so yes to kits vs complete bumpers and yes to sliders.

Please message me directly with your email address; they asked that I submit the list to them directly so they can reach out by email and complete the transactions.

Just so you know, I built a 4x4 Labs bumper in the winter of 2016. The struts for the dual swingouts at the time had plastic ends. One month ago, one of the plastic ends stripped out and separated from the strut. I searched online for replacements but couldn't find anything. I contacted Luke to order replacement struts hoping to get a few more years out of the replacements before they stripped out. Luke confirmed my previous bumper order and sent me 4 new metal ends for the struts at no charge.

I highly recommend anything from 4x4 Labs and they really stand behind their product.

Painted with Rustoleum Flat Black from the Home Depot. Touch up requires a little bit of sanding, paint, and a warm sunny day.

They really need to update their website. The prices listed in the overview are not right. Click on the photo for some sticker shock!! o_O

screenshot-4x4labs.myshopify.com-2019.06.13-01-16-23.png

They really need to update their website. The prices listed in the overview are not right. Click on the photo for some sticker shock!! o_O

The prices represent the cheapest option of whatever item you're looking at. A rear bumper kit with no swingouts is $595, etc. The prices are correct, there are just multiple configurations available.

Lots of ideas here

In a less smartass response.... there are a ton. Slee, Delta VS, this, ARB, Kaymar, Dobinsons, individual fab shops, etc.

the 4x4 has been known to be one of the burliest with the best clearances you can buy though. your truck is pretty committed to it once you install it though as once you install it, it is now your rear x member. The others bolt on over your stock cross member but you dont get that extra clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom