This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang ,sorry to hear this I’ve been wanting one of your bumpers for awhile now but the Canadian dollar is brutal. I keep hoping it bounces back a bit but it never does. I have one of your 1 inch body lifts on my rig , I think it says 4plus on it I got it on a parts rig and always have loved it also. Good luck in which ever way you go. Always admired your products,,

Pretty sure this retirement stuff is not legal. I mean you can’t just up & quit. Must confer with Gov. Newsom on this…oh wait…you’re in Az. Carry on👍👍👍

Boy oh boy, oh boy, does all of this should familiar. I definitely know about the pitfalls of having to build in small quantities for the limited Landcruiser market. I also know about mistakenly sinking your own money into your failing company on it's way out the door- - -DON'T. I believed your reasons for closing 4Plus are slightly different than my reasons for closing Downey Off road Mfg. In our case, the internet put every little Johnny in America into business at home in their garage/basement/barn. Mama made little Johnny a website that made him look like Amazon. Little Johnny then copied everything that was easy to build with ZERO overhead. This wiped out our "easy to build" product line, which took away from the funds we needed to build our more sophisticated products on our CNC machines. As CNC machines can cost $10,000 at a time to repair, the money is no longer there to keep up repair on the machines, let alone the $20,00 to $35,000 to bring a major new product to market. Soooo old Sticky here sank about 1/2 million dollars of retirement funds into trying to keep Downey going, didn't work, DON'T DO THAT !!!!!

I've got your tire carrier, front 8274 bumper and flip kits. Great products and appreaciate your knowledge helping me out with my bump stop question recently. Enjoy your next phase.

Purchased a tire carrier Monday 8/28 it is now 9/5 and it is in my hands. Thank you for the fast ordering and shipping process. This will go nicely with my 4plus front bumper and ubolt flips.
wow, that's unreal!

Hopefully not too late to order - just sent an email looking for some parts!

I wanted to give a shout out to @lcwizard (Dave at 4plusproducts.) I ordered a pair of his folding jump seat legs. As anticipated, the quality and craftmanship are excellent.

09.16.2023.Folding  Jump Seat Legs.1.JPEG

09.16.2023.Folding Jump Seat Legs.2.JPEG

09.16.2023.Folding Jump Seat Legs.4.JPEG

Kudo's to anyone who goes into business of manuf. on spec, its been a good run, good product, & good reviews, seems the time is right to put her to bed.

Tire carrier installed, top notch quality and excellent customer service! This will last longer than the truck. PO welded a trailer hitch to the bumper, so after cutting that off and smoothing out the face, all was good. I did add a couple rubber washers between metal parts since I had them.

20231022_152256.jpg

I don't think this has been mentioned but 4Plus also makes a super beef cake skid and transmission crossmember kit for when you swap to a H55 on a FJ40. The time in design is worth it in my mind to go this route. The other half up the cross member is still in bubble wrap. Thanks to @roma042987 to turning me onto these.

4Plus Skid.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom