2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My $.02: if we go by the logic that the Lc300 is a “true” LC and is as durable as the LC200, there should be no reason the TTV6 isn’t durable, esp if it has to match the LC reputation for longevity. As such, the GX TTv6 should be just as good; it’s all (more or less) coming down the same Tahara line, right?

That's the idea I think. The TTv6 should pass all the same durability tests as the outgoing 5.7 - maybe more. I think the GX will be basically just a reskinned LC300, so I would expect the two to be nearly identical in durability and reliability because I think he'll share nearly all of the same parts in all the places that matter for durability and reliability.

If I had to pick one that will last the absolute longest without any repairs - it would be the 1GR LC300 or possibly the 2.7 version of the LC250. Those two engines are known commodities that nearly last forever with almost no common problems. I would opt for the turbo engines myself. I'll take the trade for more power.

I want to believe all this with all my heart ... 🕯️🙏🏾❤️ I do !

But part of me, nah... They don't care "that" much for us ! 😂

Thank you very much for sharing it ! 👋🏻
It's a heavy dose of marketing and promotion. So, I also don't take it as gospel. I think it's factual about the testing. I don't know that it'll translate into the same level of reliability as past engines. You'll note that GM and Ford also make all the same claims. I remember the first Ford ecoboost where they were advertising that they designed it to last 150k miles as though that was a huge achievement. I think we'll all be very disappointed if the service life is only 150k miles from a Toyota.

I think the GX will be basically just a reskinned LC300...
Not really, same platform but different. Lighter weight, smaller, lighter frame.
It's a "reskinned Prado" of you want to directly compare, same with the LC250.

I wish we had Toyota diesel options here in the states.
I think every other region is getting the Diesel engine. Europe will continue with Diesel. with a Diesel Hybrid on the way. I will be keen to test drive that one. The only two markets to get the 2.4L T Hybrid are N America and China. Seems so strange. You two have to stop meeting like this. I always thought the US was diesel truck center of the Universe, but it appears not and once again it is a question of emissions. Who would have guessed that the purpose of a Government enshrined in a Constitution by 4 Fathers would be to keep the best trucks off the road and out of the country? How much additional pollution could 20,000 trucks make running diesel engines when the rest of the world is using them? That's not even a few John Kerry flights to St Tropez to attend conferences on Global warming? Or is it part of Toyota's oft signaled virtuous goal of “Zero Emissions of Dividends” by 2050? Hard to say really. Mount an appeal to the Supreme Court or something! :cool:

Last edited:
Not really, same platform but different. Lighter weight, smaller, lighter frame.
It's a "reskinned Prado" of you want to directly compare, same with the LC250.
This is an open question. I've seen some unofficial specs that show the GX being 50lbs difference from the LC300. Nothing I've seen supports a lighter frame. They're slightly different. But we don't have any info yet on frame materials and thickness. I'll bet they're the same. I think the historical relationship between prado and LC is gone.

This is an open question. I've seen some unofficial specs that show the GX being 50lbs difference from the LC300. Nothing I've seen supports a lighter frame. They're slightly different. But we don't have any info yet on frame materials and thickness. I'll bet they're the same. I think the historical relationship between prado and LC is gone.
Fair point. It's all conjecture at this point.

Wouldn't that be funny, the Prado/LC250/GX550 end up being a J300 after all!

Then what would happen to all "The sky is falling" types?!

Fair point. It's all conjecture at this point.

Wouldn't that be funny, the Prado/LC250/GX550 end up being a J300 after all!

Then what would happen to all "The sky is falling" types?!
What's really going to make some heads explode is if the 4Runner comes with a 112" wheelbase on the same rolling chassis and the same drivetrain.

Think LX600!
I can't. It's too much.
1691534357097.png

Just think how much money Toyota could make if they sold a front facia kit for the LX 600 to make it look like an LC 300 (but with LEXUS heritage lettering of course).
They would still need to do something about that cockpit design and layout. Something felt off to me when I sat behind the wheel of the LX600.

It's a heavy dose of marketing and promotion. So, I also don't take it as gospel. I think it's factual about the testing. I don't know that it'll translate into the same level of reliability as past engines. You'll note that GM and Ford also make all the same claims. I remember the first Ford ecoboost where they were advertising that they designed it to last 150k miles as though that was a huge achievement. I think we'll all be very disappointed if the service life is only 150k miles from a Toyota.

Calling the performance of these narcissistic shrills an interview is a embarrassing insult. We would see more critical honesty from a cult member “interviewing” their leader.

The subtext that each engineer lets slip in, even if it’s accidental, is that Toyota has been forced by political emissions mandates to make these changes. Which is NOT the same thing as they found a better way to build better drivetrains.

Hopefully the compromises end up being good enough but let’s stop pretending that it is the preferred approach / results IF the goal was to make the best.

If I had to pick one that will last the absolute longest without any repairs - it would be the 1GR LC300 or possibly the 2.7 version of the LC250. Those two engines are known commodities that nearly last forever with almost no common problems. I would opt for the turbo engines myself. I'll take the trade for more power.

I would love the 1GR and supercharge it.

They can test all they want but you can't simulate time, and I'm not excited about being a beta tester for high output engines that traditionally have been shorter lived than relatively unstressed engines.

Since members seem incapable of keeping their political pieholes closed, this thread is shut down.'

Keep the political BS on social media, NOT on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom