2024 40s Only Run planning thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Time to round up the 40s and let 'em run!

The Club calendar has been set for Club Runs but there are a few open weekends. It's looking like snow will be gone soon and the fire season might be bad, so let's not wait until July/August. Best to get it on the calendar so folks have time to change the points and freshen up the diff oil.

June 15, 2024
I'm gonna suggest June 15, June 22, or June 29 as three possible dates for a 40s only run.

Here's a start on trail selections. Post up your ideas.

Elkhorn Skyline
Little Boulder Road Trail
Rock Creek / Leadville
Caruthers Lake Trail
Whitetail Reservoir
Middle Fork of the Judith
Cow Bone Lake Trail

@bagochips76 @pigmony @elkun1 @REZARF @3_puppies @JohnnyOshow22 @ZooTownCruiser @rkymtnflyfisher @Dave406 @WildernessRimFab @DuxTom @BuddyIronwood @franken45 @87BJ74 @brew8 @cuwallace2 @Boshouse @Paul

#your40needstogetdirty

IMG_3573.jpg

Last edited:
I see that you tagged Stephen, but I'm going to tag him a second time. @bagochips76 Since he found out about last years event when I told him about it at Costco the day after.

As far as trail options, I defer to the senior statesmen of the 40 owners. I've yet to be disappointed.

Also, there is a new 40-series owner in the valley. A friend of mine purchased '78 from Overland Cruisers and is set to pick it up in the near future. I'll try to get him to start coming to meetings and get an account here.

I'll stay tuned to this thread for a bit, I'm out a lot in June this year with some stuff for my daughter, and prepping for a float in the Bob again. @ZooTownCruiser has been out of the loop for a while but should come up for air soon.

To top all that off, you guys scared me last year! Thought I was going to roll my rig a few times!

I'll stay tuned to this thread for a bit, I'm out a lot in June this year with some stuff for my daughter, and prepping for a float in the Bob again. @ZooTownCruiser has been out of the loop for a while but should come up for air soon.

To top all that off, you guys scared me last year! Thought I was going to roll my rig a few times!
Na, you were just learning your limitations. i was more concerned about the roof rack and the narrow trail

Time to round up the 40s and let 'em run!

The Club calendar has been set for Club Runs but there are a few open weekends. It's looking like snow will be gone soon and the fire season might be bad, so let's not wait until July/August. Best to get it on the calendar so folks have time to change the points and freshen up the diff oil.

I'm gonna suggest June 15, June 22, or June 29 as three possible dates for a 40s only run.

Here's a start on trail selections. Post up your ideas.

Elkhorn Skyline
Little Boulder Road Trail
Rock Creek / Leadville
Caruthers Lake Trail
Whitetail Reservoir
Middle Fork of the Judith
Cow Bone Lake Trail

@bagochips76 @pigmony @elkun1 @REZARF @3_puppies @JohnnyOshow22 @ZooTownCruiser @rkymtnflyfisher @Dave406 @WildernessRimFab @DuxTom @BuddyIronwood @franken45 @87BJ74 @brew8 @cuwallace2 @Boshouse @Paul

#your40needstogetdirty

View attachment 3580368
my annual trip with the wild bunch is the 22-25th. hopefully i dont have to replace a windshield again. anyway caruthers is always a fun trip and should be able to do it in a day, whitetail is an absolute blast but we better make sure to have plenty of vehicles with winches and prepare for failure getting thru the mud. skyline is not much of a challenge with the 40's, i'm not familiar with the rock creek leadville trail, middle fork is a long ways away in a 40, and not sure how far it is to cowbone but that's one i'm planning on doing this summer. i've heard it's a pretty fun trail but that's all i know about it. I'm game for anything and anytime except probably the 22nd. looking forward to hearing other's ideas

I hope a few more folks will chime in.

This just in from the Club trail run survey that went out earlier this year:

View attachment 3582332

apparently I missed the survey part of that thread.

link for those who also missed it:

Ah man. Maybe you could set a date for a Bitterroot 40s run. Would be great to wheel in your neighborhood.

I don't know of any decent wheeling over this way, Macgruder corridor is about it, it's so easy a Honda Civic could make

Maybe around the Anaconda-Pintler area, outside of the wilderness boundary.

Of course I usually don't search out that kind of terrain very often, I'm just driving along FS roads looking for good fishing spots!

the trail that goes by racetrack lake and ends up in phillipsburg can be a fun trail during runoff season. a trip to fisher lake can also be adventurous. the nice thing about pburg is the candy store

not going to make it, June 15th is out for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom