2022 Tundra = US 300 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I came to agree that Doug is the worst lol.

I don't care for the Tundra, I never have and the newest one isn't my cup of tea either but it'll likely sell like hot cakes here. The mass majority of Americans drive half-tons, it's totally new and Americans are suckers for being the first to have the latest and greatest. I hate sunroofs in general but especially the new panoramic ones, I had one in my last Super Duty and I loathed its existence the entire time I owned it. I love my 200 but it pains me to know that other modern SUV's have rear lockers stock and even a few have front lockers as well.

I came to agree that Doug is the worst lol.

I don't care for the Tundra, I never have and the newest one isn't my cup of tea either but it'll likely sell like hot cakes here. The mass majority of Americans drive half-tons, it's totally new and Americans are suckers for being the first to have the latest and greatest. I hate sunroofs in general but especially the new panoramic ones, I had one in my last Super Duty and I loathed its existence the entire time I owned it. I love my 200 but it pains me to know that other modern SUV's have rear lockers stock and even a few have front lockers as well.

LOL. Pano sunroof or bust!

I dont understand the dislike but either way, if my rear third windows dont open since 2008 200 series, why in 2021 cant we have some sunlight at least?
For the size of the damn thing, sitting in the third row is a horrendous experience.

The pano sunroof acts like a dutch oven in the Texas summers due to the fact that there's no radiant barrier when the shade is closed, it's often no more than a thin piece of fabric. I had mine explode in the Ford, it seems to be common on a lot of makes due to improperly tempered glass. I only like sun roofs when it's raining or overcast out, when it's sunny and hot the last thing I want is something that intensifies that.

In regards to the third row windows, I've never sat in the third row of any vehicle I've owned with them and I never intend to, so I could care less lol.

The pano sunroof acts like a dutch oven in the Texas summers due to the fact that there's no radiant barrier when the shade is closed, it's often no more than a thin piece of fabric. I had mine explode in the Ford, it seems to be common on a lot of makes due to improperly tempered glass. I only like sun roofs when it's raining or overcast out, when it's sunny and hot the last thing I want is something that intensifies that.

In regards to the third row windows, I've never sat in the third row of any vehicle I've owned with them and I never intend to, so I could care less lol.

My very first experience with the brand was actually our family friends 100 series LX in gold somewhere around 98-99 in Houston and my friend and I climbing into the third row of his parents car thinking we had stepped into some dimensional portal of shrinking space and begging for fresh air through the quarter panel windows!
I wont be back there again myself either (and def wont fit anymore) but i don't want to put any kids through that LOL.

I totally get the heat build up thats why i always tint the sunroof in any car and good modern tint can do a lot more than people think.
I agree the translucent shades are not great but the sun is not always over head and that problem applies to all windows throughout the day.
Im not sure what tint you run but check out the specs on this one that i have installed:
It makes a HUGE difference and combined with even a sheer fabric you will not be feeling the heat.
It is even better IMO than my old huper optic german commercial grade ceramic i used to use.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 3.00.30 PM.png

In TX your car will definitely roast when parked most of the year but i don't think you will have any issues with heat while driving doing the above.
I don't at all with my sunroof shade open using just a low opacity tint where before it would burn my wife and I.
There are more interesting solutions to that out there though as we have seen on airplanes with selectable opaque electrified glass.
Thats got to be on a production car somewhere? RR, Bentley? IDK

These issues are why ive been upset with the missing venting since i switched from my 100 too. A pano roof would also help make up for it a bit.
Letting out that trapped heat before trying to tax the AC with cooling an additional 100 degrees is key and it helps tremendously to have a way to open the rear compartment. Or even the upward convection properties, or having the rear slit open slightly and not being noticeable to potential thieves etc.
I just wish we wouldn't lose functional, practical and cool distinguishing features with each iteration of the LC.
Trucks have sliding glass, 4 runners have the fully lowering rear glass and we used to have a third row vent (sliding window before that even).
Gaining a pano roof would be cool despite the drawbacks, although weight is always an unmitigable issue with them.

I am surprised that with the 300 they didn't incorporate the roll down rear window of the 4Runner. That is the only thing I miss about our 4Runners/GX, that and their size off-road is just about perfect.

LOL. Pano sunroof or bust!

I dont understand the dislike but either way, if my rear third windows dont open since 2008 200 series, why in 2021 cant we have some sunlight at least?
For the size of the damn thing, sitting in the third row is a horrendous experience.

3rd row windows....OPENED!

IMG_0114(1).JPEG

It’s a safe assumption that he’s a ‘mud member. Eccentric or otherwise he’s built a solid and respectable biz. Not sure why we’re levying personal attacks.
Pretty sure everyone means they can't stand his YouTube channel, review style, and or persona, and don't know anything about him personally or his personal life.

It’s a safe assumption that he’s a ‘mud member. Eccentric or otherwise he’s built a solid and respectable biz. Not sure why we’re levying personal attacks.

I am willing to bet half or more of the people that find him annoying still secretly watch his videos for content on the latest cars out there. I do watch him but with the CC on and the volume turned off.

I am willing to bet half or more of the people that find him annoying still secretly watch his videos for content on the latest cars out there. I do watch him but with the CC on and the volume turned off.

LOL
Yes otherwise you would think a fan control slider is a rear climate control and that the Middle East doesn’t even need heat!

That and he did trash the lx570 and drives a Range Rover instead.

Brilliant.

LOL
Yes otherwise you would think a fan control slider is a rear climate control and that the Middle East doesn’t even need heat!

That and he did trash the lx570 and drives a Range Rover instead.

Brilliant.
He trashed the old LX570 because it’s not a wise new car purchase. You can get a s*** ton more power, luxury, tech for the same price or much less everywhere else. The 300 series will significantly reduce that gap.

He never said a bad word about the Landcruiser. He LOVES them if you’re familiar with his content and always feature on his recommend car videos,

He drives a Defender which is way cheaper than the Landcruiser or LX570, and he’s mentioned before if the Landcruiser had a modern adaptive cruise he would have bought one.

He trashed the old LX570 because it’s not a wise new car purchase. You can get a s*** ton more power, luxury, tech for the same price or much less everywhere else. The 300 series will significantly reduce that gap.

He never said a bad word about the Landcruiser. He LOVES them if you’re familiar with his content and always feature on his recommend car videos,

He drives a Defender which is way cheaper than the Landcruiser or LX570, and he’s mentioned before if the Landcruiser had a modern adaptive cruise he would have bought one.

Well the LX 570 has that and it’s actually the wisest purchase you can make in the segment. So kind of off mark to say the least.

300 series I don’t need to get into but like 7 steps backwards in multiple regards and still can’t compete. I’m not hashing all that out again though.

Yeah he like land cruisers but not the lx maybe I don’t know. Still a bumbling man child. I’m happy for him and his success, but the auto journalism is a joke.

And he wasn't wrong at many levels. But as a used car the LX570 is great value for what you get, if you value those things. Lot's of people don't so they buy a Mercedes GL, BMW X7, Escalade, Navigator, or some other heap.

I always wonder how tech and luxury got intertwined. My now 5 year old Bentley has little in the way of tech but it would be hard to say it is not luxurious. I much prefer it. I don't need to be entertained by screens while in my car.

And he wasn't wrong at many levels. But as a used car the LX570 is great value for what you get, if you value those things. Lot's of people don't so they buy a Mercedes GL, BMW X7, Escalade, Navigator, or some other heap.

I always wonder how tech and luxury got intertwined. My now 5 year old Bentley has little in the way of tech but it would be hard to say it is not luxurious. I much prefer it. I don't need to be entertained by screens while in my car.

Tech and luxury got intertwined because actual craftsmanship is dead. So when everything is plastic and produced at scale no matter the price range, tech fills that psychological gap for refinement.

There’s only so much leather, fine stitching and plush carpeting that can be put in a car. It’s inevitable that electronics have infested luxury vehicles. It all started with power windows, then power mirrors, then heated seats, then cooled seats, then…..

There’s only so much leather, fine stitching and plush carpeting that can be put in a car. It’s inevitable that electronics have infested luxury vehicles. It all started with power windows, then power mirrors, then heated seats, then cooled seats, then…..

I don’t mind all the amenities and creature comforts and any tech with practicality like surround cameras (with recording!!! Why is only Tesla doing this?!) but touchscreens do not belong in vehicles. That trend I’m afraid is here to stay.

If apples project titan is indeed a platform and not a car we are in for a real treat. Clean ui and software driven features that make sense and dont become outdated and unsupportable in a few years time is nice.

If there is a way full self driving succeeds it’s the above. Standardization is the key here and will usher multi vehicle communications on the road instead of just each car reacting to its sensors.

We are at a point now that every make has its own (bad) software suite. This hyper fragmentation is doomed to fail. That’s why everyone jumped on CarPlay. As an auto manufacturer why on earth would you spend on media / nav Design and dev when everything you do sucks compared to the tech behemoths and you have actually no data to prop it up with.

Tesla is the exception but their days in the lead are numbered.

Unfortunately the fed gov will of course destroy free market and back someone’s standard at some point in either self driving or charging infrastructure.

Well the LX 570 has that and it’s actually the wisest purchase you can make in the segment. So kind of off mark to say the least.

300 series I don’t need to get into but like 7 steps backwards in multiple regards and still can’t compete. I’m not hashing all that out again though.

Yeah he like land cruisers but not the lx maybe I don’t know. Still a bumbling man child. I’m happy for him and his success, but the auto journalism is a joke.
Fair enough you don’t like his style I can respect that.

I agree I think the LX is the best value even new but the average person doesn’t see it that way. 500 hp is tempting even for me. And the gadgets for everyone else.

He never said a bad word about the Landcruiser. He LOVES them...

LX570 = bad because there's not enough tech and luxury for the price, yet LC200, which has less tech, less luxury, and frequently commands a higher price = good? Logic just got Demiroed! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom