2022 Tundra = US 300 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clowns dude, everywhere. Hammer.

Especially on MUD. Everyone is a vehicle system engineer and know better than Mike Sweers or Yokoo-san or Koyari-san.

:lol:

It doesn't take a vehicle systems engineer to see a overpriced, ugly, overstyled, too complicated, designed by bean counters and committee to last up to the warranty vehicle.

Toyota isn't alone, but they are egrigious about it.

I haven't been on the "300" forum in a while but the arguing is definitely fun to read. Let me opine if may.

The tundra is a fantastic truck (has its issues too). Its better than the 300 in achieving its goals of an improvement over the last gen by leaps and bounds.
The 300 is a sad sad attempt at milking foreign markets. It hobbled the LX600 as well unfortunately.

The tundra is not this way mainly because it was designed by the US team.
Japanese business is a dying culture (and the country is dying in many other ways as well).
Name one industry the Japanese haven't given up its huge lead in to a more pragmatic and entrepreneurial and innovative country.
I wont wait bc there isn't one. They've lost every single market advantage.

I will never buy a 300 or an LX 600 simply because it doesn't have a panoramic sunroof. Period. The tundra has one because it has to compete and it does so well if you asked me. The target demo for these 90-100K$ LC based vehicles all think the way i do and not a MUDders perspective.
I wouldn't even be surprised if they were discontinued honestly with how little effort they put into it.
Kind of like the HE. So low effort its embarrassing. What a pathetic way to mark the history of the brand. A roof basket and some wheels.

IMO the only way out of this dumb corner is if the GX/4 runner grows next gen or the sequoia goes upmarket and gets the Tundra hybrid.
Not doing that would be another super bad business move by T. They just aren't competing in a huge market they once wrote the book on.

God only knows if these TT power plants lose the reliability factor its over for them as a brand.
Hell, if the EV landscape makes dependability a non issue then they don't stand a fing chance either.

I just wouldn't use japanese know best as an argument because that couldn't be further from the truth.

That is funny because if I could option the way I wanted a slick roof would be the first change.

I want to use the truck I don't want another failure/leak point.

Glad you like your 570 with the same sunroof.

That is funny because if I could option the way I wanted a slick roof would be the first change.

I want to use the truck I don't want another failure/leak point.

Glad you like your 570 with the same sunroof.

Eh, i can def see that. I was the only M4 in the galaxy without a carbon roof.

I want sunlight, and in a huge truck like this WHERE THEY ****ING REMOVED THE OPENING THIRD WINDOW VENTING, its just a claustrophobic experience for the 5 rear passengers. Theres no excuse for that. I also love the safari windows in the LRs.

I like my 570 sure, but its already VERY high in the list of compromises. That balance is in a VERY precarious spot currently with the T lineup.

Eh, i can def see that. I was the only M4 in the galaxy without a carbon roof.

I want sunlight, and in a huge truck like this WHERE THEY f***ING REMOVED THE OPENING THIRD WINDOW VENTING, its just a claustrophobic experience for the 5 rear passengers. Theres no excuse for that. I also love the safari windows in the LRs.

I like my 570 sure, but its already VERY high in the list of compromises. That balance is in a VERY precarious spot currently with the T lineup.
Haha I really miss the 3rd row venting windows. Fastest way to evacuate dog farts. And, in the spirit of complaining, why are they making the 3rd row window smaller on the 300/LX6? Seems like weight savings is the reasoning behind a lot of these small annoying changes (like the tailgate) but it's annoying nonetheless.

Haha I really miss the 3rd row venting windows. Fastest way to evacuate dog farts. And, in the spirit of complaining, why are they making the 3rd row window smaller on the 300/LX6? Seems like weight savings is the reasoning behind a lot of these small annoying changes (like the tailgate) but it's annoying nonetheless.

That was another big problem i had with it. The quarter window is tiny now.

Yes, yes, I’m terribly distraught over that as well.

Oh you're a mod here? That singular viewpoint doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
You also dont have a point after losing your beloved split rear hatch.

Have any of you guys actually seen the MY22 Tundra panoramic roof? It is nothing to write home about. I don't even want to think about what the next hail storm will be like either being from Texas.

My 2 cents... the market will weigh in on this over the next decade. Will the Range Rover or LX600 hold more value? History may not exactly repeat itself, but it oft rhymes. I don't necessarily agree with decisions Toyota has made recently but I'd bet on the market valuing a similar vintage/mileage LX over RR.

I like diversity of thought. I don’t like assholes. We talking about the new tundra or the lx600? Either way, I think the new tundra and the new LX600 has many things people love and many things people don’t love. But common ground is Toyota/Lexus. That we can all love. Or not. It’s a free country for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom