2013 LX 570 Rock Warrior Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

We've been sitting on a set of Rock Warrior's for about a month now. Work and life have been rather busy with a new move. Anyway, I'm looking at finally installing the set with BFG KO2 in 285/70R17 Curious, should I pickup any spacers or can I bolt directly on? I'm not a wheel/tire expert in the least so advise is greatly welcomed.

Thanks,
Chris

Bolt them up! No spacers needed. And... post a pic of two.

Hey all,

We've been sitting on a set of Rock Warrior's for about a month now. Work and life have been rather busy with a new move. Anyway, I'm looking at finally installing the set with BFG KO2 in 285/70R17 Curious, should I pickup any spacers or can I bolt directly on? I'm not a wheel/tire expert in the least so advise is greatly welcomed.

Thanks,
Chris

Nothing needed except to mount them. I have the identical tires/wheels on my cruiser...and although I lifted it two days ago, your wheel/tire combo work flawlessly.

Here it is PRE lift...and what you'll see on yours:
Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 12.57.46 PM.png

Last edited:
On my 2013 LC200 with KO's and no lift:

ToyotaLC200_2_19JAN13_zps219185e3.jpg

Just bolt yours on - no mods necessary.

HTH

1) bolt on

2) take pics

3) post pics

image.jpeg

Can you fit a 5th for a spare under the truck on the 200 LC's?

I believe several have found success after modifying the spare tire carrier. There was a thread or two on this some time ago. I can't search at the moment but I'm sure someone can chime in.

I don't have a spare RW at the moment. When I do though I wiill see about either installing a new roof rack system to put the spare or modifying the carrier as some have done.

Questions: How did you all handle the TPMS? Also, did you have to do an alignment?

I did not install the TPMS sensors in my wheels. Only side effect is a continuously ON amber Tire Pressure warning light - it is easy to ignore. There are no annoying chimes or other warnings to deal with.

HTH

Can you fit a 5th for a spare under the truck on the 200 LC's?

Yes. The size of the tire is no problem at all - fits perfectly. The "hook" at the bottom end of the chain that lifts/lowers and holds the spare tire, however, will not fit through the center hole in the RW wheels without minor modification.

All that is necessary is to shorten a steel tube that surrounds the bottom most part of the chain - easily done with a Dremel, hacksaw, cutoff wheel, or similar. It's a 5-minute mod that does not affect the use of the spare tire carrier with stock wheels - just makes it useable for both stock and RW wheels.

HTH

You can toss the rings which do nothing except catch junk and save two pounds per corner.

Questions: How did you all handle the TPMS? Also, did you have to do an alignment?

TPMS:
I transferred the TPMS (or had Discount Tire do it) into Rock Warriors at $6 per wheel just for a "re-pack kit"...which seals the sensor, etc.

Alignment:
No alignment needed unless you do a suspension lift.

Spare:
Yes, Rock warriors fit into wheel well with 285/70/r17 just fine, but you'll need to spend about 5 or 10 minutes with a Dremel tool disc cutter to cut off about 3/4" of a metal pipe/tube material off of the spare chain mount. Super easy/simple to do...and then the spare fits no problem.

Last edited:
I have a full size matching spare with a Rock Warrior wheel. Minor mod to the spare tire hoist as others have said. Easy to do.

Also, just have your tire shop transfer your TPMS monitors over to your RW's. Then it works like factory!

The RW rims look great on a LC.

Do you think you could squeeze a 295 on a RW in the spare tire spot?

On what size rim?

Here's a great web-site where you can check the actual measurements of exact tires from each manufacturer:

Tire Size Conversion

1. Click on the manufacturer on the left.
2. Select tire model
3. Find the exact size/rim, etc. in the list, and see all measurements for each tire.

On what size rim?

Here's a great web-site where you can check the actual measurements of exact tires from each manufacturer:

Tire Size Conversion

1. Click on the manufacturer on the left.
2. Select tire model
3. Find the exact size/rim, etc. in the list, and see all measurements for each tire.

A rock warrior, so 17x8 with a 295/70r17, a tad larger than the 285 you guys are saying that definitely fits.

A rock warrior, so 17x8 with a 295/70r17, a tad larger than the 285 you guys are saying that definitely fits.

I just checked mine. You should have no problem. It might ride up onto a small guide toward the rear differential...but there is room even if it overlaps that a wee bit. You'd probably just want to make sure you crank it tight when you raise it with the chain. I'd do it without concern. Other here can chime in...

For the TPMS, I had the tire shop swap the sensors to the RW wheels. No problems with that and no expensive programming.

No need for an alignment, as the suspension is at same height. You should only need it if you are lifting it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom