2013 LX 570 Rock Warrior Install (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not gonna lie, that bill was not easy to swallow. I only spent about $400 on my used RSX wheels on my ES. But I will keep my truck and wheels for years.

Those rings do have at least one function besides bling... They protect the valve stem (and surely keep the finish on the wheels a bit better).

I actually find the ring to look good on several of the rigs here. Some have gotten really creative like @cruiseroutfit. Others have powder coated their rims and polished the ring.

Congrats on the new set. I know they're pricey but, you're not buying someone else's dinged up rims at retail price. Show them off when you get mounted and put on!

Thanks. What that guy didn't say and I agree with is that they do actually protect the outer edge of the wheel and valve stem. The rings should add a bit of extra rigidity to the outer edge of the wheel too. If I do install them I will apply a thin coat of dielectric grease to try to keep the mounting point clean.

I actually find the ring to look good on several of the rigs here. Some have gotten really creative like @cruiseroutfit. Others have powder coated their rims and polished the ring.

Congrats on the new set. I know they're pricey but, you're not buying someone else's dinged up rims at retail price. Show them off when you get mounted and put on!

I've been happy with how the rings turned out, I personally can't stand the bare aluminum (and I totally accept that many can't stand red :D). That is a fun part of building and outfitting Land Crusiers, first and foremost should be function but there is no reason aesthetics and trim can't be tastefully done to make them stand out so long as function isn't compromised.

20160530_113620 (Small).jpg

So I am finally pricing tires for my 5 new to me Rock Warriors. I think I will stick to the LT285/70R17 but now to choose a tire.

BFG KO
BFG KO2 (what's the difference KO vs KO2?)
Toyo OpenCountry 2

decisions, decisions, decisions ... any reviews, suggestions?

I've read thread after thread and get lost with all the different differences.

So I am finally pricing tires for my 5 new to me Rock Warriors. I think I will stick to the LT285/70R17 but now to choose a tire.

BFG KO
BFG KO2 (what's the difference KO vs KO2?)
Toyo OpenCountry 2

decisions, decisions, decisions ... any reviews, suggestions?

I've read thread after thread and get lost with all the different differences.

KO2 is just the "new and improved" version over the KO. I have those on some RW's. I think the Toyo's weigh a little more as well. The KO2's tick in at 59lbs each vs the usual 42lbs that comparable street tires weigh in at.

KO2 has side wall tread unlike the KO so it looks more aggressive. Really it's a pussy cat.
Both options are ATs so sound should be like a ferry fart.
Can't go wrong either way. The Toyos carry a mileage warranty.
Go for some MT's and fear nothing!

KO2 has side wall tread unlike the KO so it looks more aggressive. Really it's a pussy cat.
Both options are ATs so sound should be like a ferry fart.
Can't go wrong either way. The Toyos carry a mileage warranty.
Go for some MT's and fear nothing!

Ha! Thanks for the review.

Pussycat and ferry fart ... LOL

The Toyos are quite a bit louder than the KO2s. Fortunately, 200s are so well insulated you hardly hear them. (below 70)
My Toyo AT2s have 12k miles on them and still look new. They are HEAVY, but seem to wear extremely well.
A buddy has KO2s on three trucks currently (200,120,80) and loves them.

Last edited:
Worst part of the RW wheels is that the ARB quick deflator doesn't work with the trim rings!

Worst part of the RW wheels is that the ARB quick deflator doesn't work with the trim rings!
true but you can enlarge that "U" shape cut out (valve stem cut out) to allow the ARB quick deflator to seat properly. Why have it if it isn't going to work? - so make it work for you

I do not have TPMS sensors in my RW wheels, just rubber valve stems, and the ARB quick deflator works just fine with the rings.

I do not have TPMS sensors in my RW wheels, just rubber valve stems, and the ARB quick deflator works just fine with the rings.
no TPMS so do you ignore the light on your dash or did you disable that in some way?

no TPMS so do you ignore the light on your dash or did you disable that in some way?

I just ignore the light. No bells or whistles, and the light stops flashing after a couple of minutes - very easy to ignore.

HTH

Greetings all, coming from the 100-series where 1.25" spacers are needed to run the RW rims due to different offset, I just wanted to confirm that everyone was happily running the RWs on their 200s without spacers.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom