2013 LX 570 Rock Warrior Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good! Do you have a view down the side or top of the wheel well? I'd like to see how much a 9in wheel with a 25 offset sticks out. XD makes a 17x9 +18 but I think that would poke/rub too much with a 285/75. Maybe some light strategic hammering and fender work would make them fit?
I'm running 18x9 with a 20mm offset with 285 70 R18's, I think 18mm would proly work but it gets real tight on the tuck! brand of tire, side tread, actually tire size etc would all play a huge roll. Long story short I think they would work.

I'm running 18x9 with a 20mm offset with 285 70 R18's, I think 18mm would proly work but it gets real tight on the tuck! brand of tire, side tread, actually tire size etc would all play a huge roll. Long story short I think they would work.

Yeah I spent a few mins looking at your pics and running the numbers in a wheel offset calculator. I think it's doable too. It would be another 17" option besides RWs and I definitely want to stick with 17s for the extra sidewall.

OK, basically after a little driving they still rub in reverse on turn. Also I don't like the Xtreme treads on the Toyo OC II, they hum a little too much on the freeway. I'm going down .5 inches in height and width to a LT275/65R18, same tire but not Xtreme. That ends up 32.1" diameter. The wheel itself is 25mm offset. I'll post an update after the new tires get mounted but I think it should take care of any rubbing issues.

Yeah I spent a few mins looking at your pics and running the numbers in a wheel offset calculator. I think it's doable too. It would be another 17" option besides RWs and I definitely want to stick with 17s for the extra sidewall.
I am sure a lot of folks would be interested if these wheels fit around the brakes. pics if you find another 17" wheel that works.

I am sure a lot of folks would be interested if these wheels fit around the brakes. pics if you find another 17" wheel that works.

With the low offset I'm almost positive brakes won't be an issue. The tire and the fender, not so much.

I've done a lot of searching. The 17" options for 5x150 are super limited. Basically just the 17x9 +18 XDs and the Rock Warriors. If you're ok with 18s there are a ton of options. You can get 18x8 Tundra steel 5 spokes for super cheap. I just saw a set for $40 on a local classifieds.

...Can these be ordered from any Toyota dealer?

As has been pointed out, NIB wheels are getting tough to find. The wheel manufacture basically fired Toyota... too little volume/margin on that wheel. I ordered mine last fall and had to call in some favors to get them to deliver. They have something like 30 left in the US parts system and they won't sell more than 1 to any VIN, basically a crash part only.

I have a new set of 4 I just received from Toyota parts of Dallas , was surprised they were able to get them. Haven't installed , still deciding if I want to change from the oem 18s.

LT275/65r18 = 32.1" Toyo Open Country AT II

Its basically 1/2 inch smaller than the previous tire (1/4" height difference) and no rubbing issues. Not much to cry about going from 32.6 to 32.1. Very happy with the setup, the TRD rock warriors were not really an option given the expense and difficulty to acquire. The offset of the wheels I think forced me to go a 1/2 inch smaller. Other than TRD wheels there was almost nothing for this application available in 17". 18x9 is the most common and available sizing. I don't honestly see much of a difference and am happy there is no rubbing. This is height in "N" position.

img_0738.jpg

img_0739.jpg

img_0740.jpg

I was just going to ask for 'just' one. :)

Last edited:
The Toyo's look pretty dang beefy. Also, the dark rim looks great on the silver. That's why we stayed away from the chrome rims during our search for the LX.

Whoops, meant to put this in the other thread but not so good at the forum from my phone.

Keep mulling over the white BFG letters on the outside. Can anyone suggest why Toyota would specifically state in the install instructions that the letters should be on the outside, other than that's the only tire mentioned in the install instructions and it's there for marketing purposes.

Mine are mounted that way and just need to be balanced, so not crazy about having them flipped, but not a big fan of outside facing lettering.

Kurt, Beno, Dan...Romer?

Keep mulling over the white BFG letters on the outside. Can anyone suggest why Toyota would specifically state in the install instructions that the letters should be on the outside, other than that's the only tire mentioned in the install instructions and it's there for marketing purposes.

Mine are mounted that way and just need to be balanced, so not crazy about having them flipped, but not a big fan of outside facing lettering.

Kurt, Beno, Dan...Romer?

Absolutely no useful reason for Toyota saying white out...unless they have a deal with BFG...and they probably do.

I missed a used set of wheels in Virginia at 700 (already sold) and the only other good set around is in Ohio. Ebay fools want close to new price on their used wheels; the only reasonably priced set is here: TRD tundra rock warrior wheels 17 BEST OFFER and he wants 855 total including the center caps, plus I would have had to drive more than 3 hours out there. But I may roll bling ringless, and the wheel tends to have superficial corrosion under the bling rings unless you took the time to treat the surface, so I went ahead and bought a set of 5 with employee discount (about 350 a wheel - no bargain) at my dealer chain.

For the record, the system screen indicated 83 RW wheels in nationwide inventory so more may have come in to inventory.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom