2011 vs 2013 LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First Post here in the 200 Series Forum. I recently sold my 100 Series to finance my kitchen remodel happening soon. I have been researching 200's and It seems like LX's are more common and cheaper than LC's. That being said, I am researching / searching for a 2010-14 LX. I recently saw a 2011 I am interested in. Besides the front Exterior Grill, Is there any other differences or anything I would be missing out on if I went with a 2011 instead of 2013 plus?

Not much of a difference I like 13 through 15 looks better but that’s just personal preference my suggestion is buy the newest lowest mileage best condition and cared for you can find. I suggest you spend some time reading the frequently asked questions also doing searches on this form it’s the best in the world for these vehicles good luck

I agree on the 2013+ ! It’s just seems to be about a $10k gap in price....I just noticed the headlights are slightly different too.

I'm probably biased, but I was offroad this weekend and happened to be looking at the front of my '11 thinking "This is definitely the best looking front end of any year!"

I owned a 2011 LX 570 and 2015 LX 570 which I currently have not really any difference in driving or luxury nothing I noticed, just go for the loss mileage best condition best maintained you can find. I just love the front end on the 2013 through 15. The new front is a little too much for me and the old one wasn’t good looking enough, but like I said that’s personal opinion. If you take care of it you should be able to get at least a half million miles out of it so might be your last vehicle purchase

@SWUtah is there any difference in the audio interface? Like the graphics, Ect?

None that I remember just make sure you get the Mark Levinson because that’s the premium sound system most of them have that but just look and make sure

2012–2015
A more substantial facelift arrived in 2012 for the 2013 model year, characterized by a new grille, bumpers, headlamps, tail lamps lenses and miscellaneous trim changes such as new wheel designs.

Good summary of the changes year to year here:
Lexus LX - Wikipedia

Also interesting on that page is a pic of a facelifted LX (as car show preview) in another Lexus color that was never painted on the production LX, "Mystic Sea Opalescent".

1280px-Lexus_LX_570_at_NAIAS_2012.jpg

2012–2015
A more substantial facelift arrived in 2012 for the 2013 model year, characterized by a new grille, bumpers, headlamps, tail lamps lenses and miscellaneous trim changes such as new wheel designs.

Good summary of the changes year to year here:
Lexus LX - Wikipedia

Also interesting on that page is a pic of a facelifted LX (as car show preview) in another Lexus color that was never painted on the production LX, "Mystic Sea Opalescent".

1280px-Lexus_LX_570_at_NAIAS_2012.jpg

Wow that’s a beautiful color

Just noticed the chrome trim around the tail lights disappears on the 13+ also.....

I have this same debate every day when looking. The things I've noticed in my months of searching are pretty much all mentioned already...

13+ has the multi-terrain and turn assist. updated instrument cluster. much more attractive wheels (subjective I know). HID lights.

You mentioned 2010 as well, one thing I noticed between 2010 & 2011 is heated steering wheel in 2011. Maybe it was part of a package, but all of the 2010s I've seen have a blank where that button is.

@clint m good point on the wheels. I think it’s clear to me that I need a +13 LX. Just need to be patient now..... not one of my strong attributes.

The first thing I took off my LX was the stock wheels. 20s (or 21s), aren't what you want off road. They are of course fine for towing and urban use. I got well used Tundra 18s, and the real serious folk for the most part run Rock Warriors or other 17s.

I found a 2011 nearby with 47k miles. Was leased by 2 different owners, 3 years each. All maintenance was done at Lexus dealership until the last year or so (last owner), which was done at their local Meineke (makes me nervous). Asking price is $38k. I'm looking to upgrade from my 2002 LX 470.

So this topic is interesting to me. Also considering a GX 460 which you can get newer etc for same price. BUT, my wife thinks it will be too small for me. I'm not THAT big but she noticed a difference in size between our LX and the 2015 GX she drove.

Looking for input.

Open the rear door in the GX460 and look at how little room there is in the cargo area.

I found a 2011 nearby with 47k miles. Was leased by 2 different owners, 3 years each. All maintenance was done at Lexus dealership until the last year or so (last owner), which was done at their local Meineke (makes me nervous). Asking price is $38k. I'm looking to upgrade from my 2002 LX 470.

So this topic is interesting to me. Also considering a GX 460 which you can get newer etc for same price. BUT, my wife thinks it will be too small for me. I'm not THAT big but she noticed a difference in size between our LX and the 2015 GX she drove.

Looking for input.

I'd take my 10 year old LX over a 2015 GX. Huge difference between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom