2007 LC “VX” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTV

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey y'all, I’m Zach. Long story short I started my Toyota journey in 2005 with a Tundra, then a Sequoia, and now I’m here. I type this from SeaTac on my way to Detroit to pick up my cruiser aka, The Unicorn. Luckily my aunt and uncle live near the PO so they were able to handle the transaction for me and hold on to it for the last two months. I’ve been waiting for the current situation to clear up enough to road trip/camp my way home to Seattle. My aunt only sent one crappy pic so unfortunately this is all I’ve got right now.
2900ACEE-D3C9-4B2F-8B19-7E573C79ECA3.jpeg

I’ll be spending the weekend with family then heading Monday morning to Minneapolis to pick up a friend. A couple days in western South Dakota, a couple in Yellowstone, and slowly make our way home by the 26th. Really looking forward to this being the first of many adventures with my new LC!

Last edited:
Congrats on that!

Reactions: GTV
Did you say Detroit? How's the rust on that rig? Looks beautiful from here, i love to go on road trips when buying vehicles, gives me an excuse to explore the ways.

Did you say Detroit? How's the rust on that rig? Looks beautiful from here, i love to go on road trips when buying vehicles, gives me an excuse to explore the ways.

Yep, Detroit. Normally I would never consider a vehicle from that part of the country but it’s only been there for two years and it wasn’t abused during the winter... according to the PO. Looking forward to getting my eyes on it soon.

You've basically got a 2 year old Land Cruiser since its been touched by 2001LC. Congrats.

Snap some undercarriage pics for us when you get it, I really want to see what 2 years of Metro Detroit does to an undercarriage and components. My LX is from Detroit too, and I can share what 13 years does to parts and the underside, its pretty grim. It had a nice first 5 years in Florida with the original owner before it got into the hands of some one a lot dirtier and messy.

Long day today. I didn’t really have a plan but I started by taking it for a drive first thing this morning. Right off the bat I’m punched in the face with a strong dog odor and see the interior is filthy.
This was my first drive with AHC and from the praises I’ve read here I was expecting a much plusher ride. I honestly feel like my old Sequoia rode better. I plan on looking into that more tomorrow or Sunday. It may need an alignment as well but otherwise it drove well.
Anyway, first order of business was a good clean. There’s no way I was going to put up with the interior until I got home.
B9D4FBD1-9EB6-4B9B-9570-A53C508CF801.jpeg

This was of course after I removed the rear seats (which were thrown in the back), rolled the 2nd row forward, tucked the straps away and removed the mat. Those aren’t my dirty socks. Judging by the quantity of filth above the rear hatch this thing hasn’t seen a night inside a garage since Paul owned it.
45167223-ECC9-4EEF-B2F6-63FA57F16AD7.jpeg

And after some TLC. When I get it home I’ll pull the carpet and give it a proper cleaning but this will do for now. Weathertechs are going in so I’m not too concerned about the mats.
Spare wheel installed upside down annoys me. Actually everything that a car owner could take out and not put away correctly was taken out and not put away correctly. Seven pin mount is also bent/broken.
54D3E7CE-73CA-408E-931A-5A675BEA2C4A.jpeg

Since I had to drop the spare I had to access the tool roll, which was forced back into its cubby incorrectly so the cover was bowed out. Luckily the undercarriage from here looks great.
7FFF89EB-3B0E-47CF-A69F-FB4285CC2300.jpeg

The rest of it also looks good. Not Arizona dry but nice.
FDAD497C-2AE0-4F72-8134-AF78DE3B1599.jpeg

Please point out anything that isn’t right, it’s my first rodeo with a LC. I want to get this back to where Paul had it a couple years ago.

The PO treated this thing like a used Corolla. I know everyone isn’t a car guy but come on. It had a dog cover over the rear seat which probably saved the leather but the dog hair still got everywhere. If anyone in the Horton, Michigan area wants a 2nd row cover come and get it or else it’s going in the trash.
LED interior lighting. Not really a fan.
C0C0FE1C-03D5-4A10-BC08-EE753B105120.jpeg

Broken 3rd row belt clip.
4615E60A-5613-486C-B038-56566E90F611.jpeg

Badly broken glove box.
8DF74A87-7AFD-4055-BC5B-EA773F2AADDC.jpeg

This panel definitely has some broken clips causing the cup holders to not open out correctly.
443F50AB-2C34-4B31-AC62-EC21627BEE22.jpeg

Amp cover was thrown in the back. Found one of the retaining screws, maybe I’ll find the other when I pull the carpets.
667296C3-D67C-495C-A6A7-7804731A60B2.jpeg

I really wish he would have mentioned the condition of this door panel. It’s totally jacked.
95A5A347-72E5-43AF-9907-D3EEDDFE9350.jpeg

1F17FF87-78CE-416A-8485-A878F039DC12.jpeg

Both running boards broken. Will be removed anyway.
FB58CD1C-CB85-49C8-B4B1-52E125B68BAA.jpeg

Break beginning on the seat pocket.
993B07B2-3BA4-4C59-A50D-92E6AD6AA953.jpeg

LED reverse bulbs?
62379D87-89FF-4722-A9D8-D30DAFF84773.jpeg

Found a new dead friend inside the right tail light.
BD81C7AE-8D83-4E01-A36B-5CD311918DC1.jpeg

After a day of work it is finally to a place that I would call “sellable”
F84627B7-7343-44FC-9F9D-6C150127B5BE.jpeg

I’ve currently got it sitting in my uncles garage with the windows down attempting to air it out.
9D440367-A714-4BFB-A790-C4985774EA5A.jpeg

One YotaMD key fob, missing a screw and nut though.
FFE284E6-FDF0-4652-B297-623EA81FB348.jpeg

It’s a good truck, just has been severely neglected and abused for the last couple years. I only wish I could have made the deal in person, I would have talked him down a few grand.

Get some Ozium spray, hose it down, and let it sit sealed. That ought to kill the smell.

Reactions: GTV
Wow that’s annoying. You may want to replace the cabin air filter as well

Good call. Will do when I get it home.

I’ve had this in my possession for 24 hours and I’m already very skeptical of the long term viability of the AHC. It currently rides like a pogo stick :bang: Driving home to Seattle in this condition would be misery.
Hub to fender on the front end is currently about 21 7/8”, rear is 20 1/2”. When I try to adjust it up or down the N light stays on and the H or L light just flashes for a while before eventually going out. I get no change in height. Time to start educating myself I suppose.

Ok... AHC fluid is low. That’s definitely a problem but would that cause the front and rear ends to behave differently, and if so how?

There are two fantastic AHC threads in circulation. Mind-bendingly comprehensive. Try following the procedure for a full flush + leveling and see if it helps. The threads point almost everyone in the right direction of diagnosis and fixes.

Mind bending is right. Almost too much info to sift through. Unfortunately I really don’t have the tools or time available for a full flush right now. I have to leave Monday morning and the closest source for AHC fluid is 150 miles in the wrong direction. Need to find an alternative ASAP.

Re AHC, looks like a sensor problem, maybe just misaligned. And the pressure prolly too high. You might fix it temporarily by adjusting the front sensors to lower the height 2 inches. Without a code reader, you can check the sensor status with a ohm-meter, comparing the two fronts. Ohming might be easiest to do at the top of each fender where you have abs and ahc sensor plugs side by side. (the 2uz is wider than the 1hd, so the plugs might be less accessible than I see on mine)
If you have the FSM available, you'll find the test procedure there, but the simplified version is that at your set Normal height, the centre pin of the sensor should measure half the max/full sensor resistance. This has to be close to equal for the 2 fronts for the ahc to behave/work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom