SOLD 2003 Troopy in the US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series

Attachments

• 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser _ S232 _ Glendale 2020.pdf
    173.6 KB · Views: 336
Isn’t it illegal to sell that? Buyer beware.
Having spent 15 years in the classic car auction circle, I can say that Mecum, B-J, etc car only about transferable paperwork. If it has a title, they wouldn't look any further. Most of us know how easy it is to get a state title for anything so it's not a commentary on whether or not a vehicle is federally legal. Mecum only sells cars present on site so it's in the US.
exactly, so don’t muddy the water people

It is beyond my comprehension WHY things like this get introduced to the community. If you know what you think you know just keep it to yourself. There is absolutely nothing good that comes from this.

It is beyond my comprehension WHY things like this get introduced to the community. If you know what you think you know just keep it to yourself. There is absolutely nothing good that comes from this.

Hmm....If you're saying it's best to keep pertinent information secret from people who may be considering buying a foreign-market truck, I may have to respectfully disagree. IH8MUD is a forum, by definition a place for open discussion of ideas and information. Something good does come from sharing knowledge--namely, educated buyers, people who can make informed decisions regarding any risks involved. Some people may choose to take the risk anyway. Good for them, I sincerely hope things work out great for them. But being ignorant won't protect anyone from the consequences of their actions, so folks might as well know what they're getting into.

OTOH, if I've somehow misread your intent, perhaps you could clarify.

I am going to agree with 67azcruizr. In private seller ads ONLY if you have a genuine interest in purchase should you PM seller with questions. I wish the mods would step in an stop the "pollution" in for sale ads.
This thread was a vehicle for sale at auction. To discuss all this importation nonsense it should be locked up over in chat.

rick d, mud member since beginning and forum since 1995

@rick_d makes a good point, and one with which I must agree in part (though perhaps not in all bold type lol).

I admit I got a little caught up in the discussion and lost sight of the fact that this thread started as a "for sale" thread. That doesn't render any of the discussion invalid (I wouldn't consider information regarding relevant import law to be "importation nonsense"), but rather it's maybe misplaced. I definitely agree that "for sale" threads should be only for the original posting and perhaps serious inquiries by potential buyers for further information regarding the vehicle. Having had vehicles listed here for sale myself on occasion, I too wish the moderators would step in and stop the "pollution" that often shows up in for sale ads.

That said, @67azcruizr had said that he didn't think some of the information in this thread should be "introduced to the community". I interpreted "the community" to mean the IH8MUD community at large, not specifically the classified ads. For the community at large, I stand behind my posts, for the classified section, I admit they are misplaced, as are many other posts in this and other "Classifieds" threads.

rick d suggests such discussions should be locked up over in "Chat". May I suggest this one might more properly be put into the "Importing" section? Seems like a good fit.

I think the discussion has stayed pretty on-topic to this particular vehicle, if this was a guy's for sale thread, maybe prune it, but as it was a "for sale at auction" alert of sorts, the discussion has been relevant and would be valuable to an interested buyer. That's my opinion anyway. Especially when it comes to imported vehicles, I think more information is always better for the buyer and the buying community. Again, just my opinion.

I think the discussion has stayed pretty on-topic to this particular vehicle, if this was a guy's for sale thread, maybe prune it, but as it was a "for sale at auction" alert of sorts, the discussion has been relevant and would be valuable to an interested buyer. That's my opinion anyway. Especially when it comes to imported vehicles, I think more information is always better for the buyer and the buying community. Again, just my opinion.

educating a potential buyer on the mechanics of a vehicle is one thing, but addressing legal formalities on an open forum is completely different and leans heavily towards my plight. a theory that a law student should appreciate.

It is not rocket science to know if it was legal or not. It does not take a lawyer or law student to know that anything less than 25 years old is not legal for the average American citizen.

Unfortunately some potential buyers don't know this still and I think it is useful to point it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom