Builds 2001 LX470 build LEGUSY (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20230620_153810.jpg

20230620_153942.jpg

20230622_103638.jpg

There is definitely some amazing scenery out here in the west. Fortunately we had good access as most of the road damage from the previous years flooding had been restored to an operational condition despite delays. We passed the Tetons on our way back through Wyoming with several stops to spend quality time with family river rafting, horse back riding, mountain biking and kayaking.

20230623_131719.jpg

20230623_143845.jpg

Fortunately we survived each others company for the long hours in tight quarters trying our best to get along and cruising home without any mechanical issues.

Next upgrade, was another set of new tires.
20230722_203133.jpg

Then came a door lock repair. For some time, there had been an intermittent failure of the drivers door lock via remote and switch in some cases. I replaced the door lock actuator motor by removing the actuator and replacing the motor inside. Then I also replaced the key battery. Since the drivers door lock gets so much more use than the rest, hopefully the others still have much life left in them. It is nice to have reliable door locks cause it bothered me to not be able to trust the remote operation for locking the doors.

This method of repair is much cheaper than replacing the entire lock actuator and its not that hard to do with epoxy to reseal the actuator. There are threads on MUD about how to do this repair. The motors can be found relatively cheap online and I carry a spare. I have a little box of spare parts that I try to remove from the truck whenever I work on it and put back in whenever I go places. It also had a replacement battery for the key and these small bits are so handy to have on hand. Its easier to replace the used part and keep the spare that way I always know which one fits.
20230824_201335.jpg

Next upgrade, was another set of new tires.
View attachment 3450746

Then came a door lock repair. For some time, there had been an intermittent failure of the drivers door lock via remote and switch in some cases. I replaced the door lock actuator motor by removing the actuator and replacing the motor inside. Then I also replaced the key battery. Since the drivers door lock gets so much more use than the rest, hopefully the others still have much life left in them. It is nice to have reliable door locks cause it bothered me to not be able to trust the remote operation for locking the doors.

This method of repair is much cheaper than replacing the entire lock actuator and its not that hard to do with epoxy to reseal the actuator. There are threads on MUD about how to do this repair. The motors can be found relatively cheap online and I carry a spare. I have a little box of spare parts that I try to remove from the truck whenever I work on it and put back in whenever I go places. It also had a replacement battery for the key and these small bits are so handy to have on hand. Its easier to replace the used part and keep the spare that way I always know which one fits.
View attachment 3450754

I purchased the motors a few months ago. Now that cooler weather is here ill be doing all the actuators as well.

For National Public Lands Day, I organized a service project in American Fork Canyon to do some maintenance on the Miller Hill trail area. This trail has been adopted by one of our local clubs Expedition Utah. For this project, we were able to get friends from Wasatch Cruisers to help coordinate and contribute service hours. As you may have seen on this thread, both groups have done several projects up there in the past. After this last long winter with heavy snow, the canyon sustained significant damages including a complete washout of the main 085 road that would not get repaired this season. The road damage made access to the area more complicated by requiring a round about route to the area.
20230830_170754.jpg

20230830_171020.jpg

We made a couple trips up there to scout the trail and assess its conditions and needs. Last year we focused on some maintenance on an interpretive kiosk floor that was replaced. This year there were many indicators of heavy snow damage resulting in tipped over posts and the entire kiosk was toppled against a guard rail. Some of the interpretive panels were bending under the stress. There were several downed trees on the trail making access to the top in my 100 very tight. In fact, on the way down a log rubbed up against my sliders for a bit as it got pushed out of the way. 4 wheel driving is a contact sport sometimes.
20230830_181854.jpg

20230830_174015.jpg

20230830_174747.jpg

Last edited:
For the service project I was able to coordinate the service hours with the forest service. We were able to clear the debris on the trail, repair and repaint Tyngs grave, salvage the interpretive panels and stabilize the kiosk. Further repairs at the kiosk will have to wait for another occasion.

20230830_180721.jpg

20230923_135348.jpg

20230923_135407.jpg

20230922_182604.jpg

20230922_163448.jpg

Last edited:
The dawn of a new trasharoo.
20231015_074810.jpg

It was put to good use on another family trip as we went exploring, kayaking and mountain biking. We tried to get away from the crowds found a nice secluded place to camp right near the water and chill. I think a capable 4wd is key in getting out to the less travelled areas and being self sufficient. its nice to be able to explore even further on the water and on a bike, and this trailer is really useful for that.
20231017_154032.jpg

20231017_185349.jpg

of course, we had to earn it to get there and deal with the local population of thorns and carnivorous flies.

20231018_154118.jpg

but when it all calmed down there were incredible and expansive night skies. We had a great time and tried to clean the place up for the next folks that find the place cleaner than we did. Fortunately we were able to pack that trash out instead of the convenient excuse that there is no room.

20231019_111631.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom