200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm trying to price out some Braid wheels and I wanted to know if 18x8 +35 with 275/70/R18 would fit the truck without issues? Anyone have advice?
if you're going to custom order wheels why not get 17"s?

35 is the Goldilocks offset. 275 70 r18 should fit an lx just fine. Any potential rubbing would be very very easy to fix.
Thank you! I don't want to modify anything. I don't get off the pavement much but I do live in residential flooding and need to get up on curbs, etc. often. I like more nest on my wheels. Especially coming from a JL Wrangler.
Please dont do this to me. Those are my dream wheels.
Lol. I had them (gold) on my STI back in 2011. Loved them! I haven't seen any pictures here with them.
if you're going to custom order wheels why not get 17"s?
Not sure. I considered it but I'm a real noob when it comes to wheels/tires. When going to an 18" or 17" wheel does the speedo need to be calibrated?

Thank you! I don't want to modify anything. I don't get off the pavement much but I do live in residential flooding and need to get up on curbs, etc. often. I like more nest on my wheels. Especially coming from a JL Wrangler.

Lol. I had them (gold) on my STI back in 2011. Loved them! I haven't seen any pictures here with them.

Not sure. I considered it but I'm a real noob when it comes to wheels/tires. When going to an 18" or 17" wheel does the speedo need to be calibrated?
I guess your goals would need to be discussed. If you plan to air down a lot, get into the harder trails, you'll find more tire sizes and likely cheaper tires in 17", and you get a marginally taller sidewall (0.5") over 18s. You'd probably look at RT or MT tires.
If you're a jack of all trades use case and won't see more than forest roads and don't plan to air down much, the 18" is fine. And stay with an AT or P tire.
Either in 35mm offset is my recommendation.

Tire size, not wheel size, drives the speedometer. The 200 has no 'easy' calibration option. If you want your speedometer exactsies, the 275/65r18 is nuts on.

Ok, had the new Nokian Outpost AT in LT275/65-18 mounted today. @Slow Paddler asked that I let everyone know what I think once I get them.

Vehicle is bone stock, no mods yet. After a day of city driving, and about 25-miles on the highway home, here are my thoughts.

@gaijin suggested I run 45-psi on these. Local independent tire shop who did the mount and balance suggested I run 38-psi.

On solid ice and hard pack snow, they aren't very good, even though they are rated with the 3-peak mountain snowflake symbol.

On the way home, I found a flat open area with around 14-16" of snow, and went through that. I could feel the tires working, and they appeared to do well, and if I recall traction control didn't engage.

Ride is definitely firmer, and feels like handling in the corners is improved. However I can feel the difference from the factory Dunlop's which were at 29-psi this morning with the temperature at 10-deg while heading to town this morning.

With these new tires, I can occasionally feel the tires bounce, and can feel just about every crack and imperfection in the pavement, but I wouldn't call it harsh.

I got up to around 65-70 mph on the way home briefly, and on the bare pavement sections between patches of ice and snow, they were quiet, and mostly quiet on the ice and snow, but most of the time the ice/snow wasn't smooth as it had impressions from the road grader and front end loader tires that do the snow removal on our county roads.

I'm going to experiment with dropping the cold tire pressure to 42-psi, and then maybe 38-psi as the tire shop recommended, to see if traction on the ice improves, along with ride quality.

Here's the bad;

I bought five tires, and an extra Heritage wheel. I had the original spare in the back cargo area, as I plan on fabricating an interior mount that attaches to the third row seat mounting points. Because of that, I left the little rubber cup that goes on top of the spare at home. The tire shop put the new spare/wheel back underneath, and without the rubber cup in place, it gouged the wheel in a couple places, through the bronze finish and into the aluminum. 😟

The other thing, and I knew I was taking a chance on when I placed the order, these tires are made in Russia, just like the last set of Nokian's I bought for my Ford Explorer last year. All the reviews I read online on the Outpost AT kept on referencing or mentioning the new Nokian tire plant in Kentucky or Tennessee? Not sure if they have actually started production on the Outpost in the USA yet, and/or I received older stock? At least they're not made in China.

I like the look of how they fill the wheel wells, and so far no rubbing, which according the this thread, shouldn't be an issue with this size anyway.

IMG_20221209_115324292_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221209_141028176_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221209_134506411_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221209_122541045_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221209_122603807.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, had the new Nokian Outpost AT in LT275/65-18 mounted today. @Slow Paddler asked that I let everyone know what I think once I get them.

Vehicle is bone stock, no mods yet. After a day of city driving, and about 25-miles on the highway home, here are my thoughts.

@gaijin suggested I run 45-psi on these. Local independent tire shop who did the mount and balance suggested I run 38-psi.

On solid ice and hard pack snow, they aren't very good, even though they are rated with the 3-peak mountain snowflake symbol.

On the way home, I found a flat open area with around 14-16" of snow, and went through that. I could feel the tires working, and they appeared to do well, and if I recall traction control didn't engage.

Ride is definitely firmer, and feels like handling in the corners is improved. However I can feel the difference from the factory Dunlop's which were at 29-psi this morning with the temperature at 10-deg while heading to town this morning.

With these new tires, I can occasionally feel the tires bounce, and can feel just about every crack and imperfection in the pavement, but I wouldn't call it harsh.

I got up to around 65-70 mph on the way home briefly, and on the bare pavement sections between patches of ice and snow, they were quiet, and mostly quiet on the ice and snow, but most of the time the ice/snow wasn't smooth as it had impressions from the road grader and front end loader tires that do the snow removal on our county roads.

I'm going to experiment with dropping the cold tire pressure to 42-psi, and then maybe 38-psi as the tire shop recommended, to see if traction on the ice improves, along with ride quality.

Here's the bad;

I bought five tires, and an extra Heritage wheel. I had the original spare in the back cargo area, as I plan on fabricating an interior mount that attaches to the third row seat mounting points. Because of that, I left the little rubber cup that goes on top of the spare at home. The tire shop put the new spare/wheel back underneath, and without the rubber cup in place, it gouged the wheel in a couple places, through the bronze finish and into the aluminum. 😟

The other thing, and I knew I was taking a chance on when I placed the order, these tires are made in Russia, just like the last set of Nokian's I bought for my Ford Explorer last year. All the reviews I read online on the Outpost AT kept on referencing or mentioning the new Nokian tire plant in Kentucky or Tennessee? Not sure if they have actually started production on the Outpost in the USA yet, and/or I received older stock? At least they're not made in China.

I like the look of how they fill the wheel wells, and so far no rubbing, which according the this thread, shouldn't be an issue with this size anyway.

View attachment 3189375View attachment 3189376View attachment 3189377View attachment 3189378View attachment 3189406
Looks really nice. I would bring up the wheel issue immediately with whoever you had do the work, unacceptable in my opinion. I personally would go down to 36-38 psi and see what you think. I bought a set of the older version Rotiva Plus AT's right before they released these, I was a bit chapped, it was literally a week later.

Looks really nice. I would bring up the wheel issue immediately with whoever you had do the work, unacceptable in my opinion. I personally would go down to 36-38 psi and see what you think. I bought a set of the older version Rotiva Plus AT's right before they released these, I was a bit chapped, it was literally a week later.

I can't complain about the Rotiva Plus AT's on my Explorer. They've been great, even in deep snow. Not as good on ice as the Nokian Vitaari's I had on an older Explorer, even though the tread pattern is similar.

@Slow Paddler asked that I let everyone know what I think once I get them.
Thanks for the update. I look forward to your result’s through the winter and into next summer. These are likely what I’ll get when I replace the Dunlops.

Thanks for the add. I've seen conflicting reports on the spreadsheet. Does anyone know if a 285/75/17 (BFG K02) will fit in the spare tire location of an 18 LX570?

Thanks for the add. I've seen conflicting reports on the spreadsheet. Does anyone know if a 285/75/17 (BFG K02) will fit in the spare tire location of an 18 LX570?
It should. 34.3” is about the maximum that will fit supposedly. 33.9” should fit fine.

I guess your goals would need to be discussed. If you plan to air down a lot, get into the harder trails, you'll find more tire sizes and likely cheaper tires in 17", and you get a marginally taller sidewall (0.5") over 18s. You'd probably look at RT or MT tires.
If you're a jack of all trades use case and won't see more than forest roads and don't plan to air down much, the 18" is fine. And stay with an AT or P tire.

Tire size, not wheel size, drives the speedometer. The 200 has no 'easy' calibration option. If you want your speedometer exactsies, the 275/65r18 is nuts on.
Thank you! Don't plan on airing down. I'll stick to finding the right 18s for me and stick to 275/65r10 or 275/70r18.

I guess I should also ask if the 275/65r18 will fit the spare tire location without issues?

I guess I should also ask if the 275/65r18 will fit the spare tire location without issues?
Yes. Easily. As will the 275/70r18 or 285/70r18.

Here's the bad;

View attachment 3189375View attachment 3189376View attachment 3189377View attachment 3189378View attachment 3189406

Definitely drop the tire pressure. The tire shop recommendation would be much better, and there's room to adjust further down for winter use cases. You'll find better traction and ride from those tires. The supposed RCTIP recommendation on this board is the biggest bamboozle doing no one favors.

I think the ko2 runs smaller then my Toyo at3 in that size. Fits fine.

Speaking of random, last March I had four new 275/70r18s bolted onto a 2010 LC. The fronts rubbed the mud flaps slightly so I removed the flaps and no more rubbing. Today I had the same brand and model tires (new) in same size installed on a 2014. Zero rubbing. So did the company shrink the tires or does this newer truck have more room in the fender? To my eye, this truck does appear to sit slightly higher than the 2010 so I'm guessing that's it.

Definitely drop the tire pressure. The tire shop recommendation would be much better, and there's room to adjust further down for winter use cases. You'll find better traction and ride from those tires. The supposed RCTIP recommendation on this board is the biggest bamboozle doing no one favors.

Yesterday, I dropped tire pressure down to 42-psi. Even though it was 10 deg out, the sun was shining on one side and once I started driving around, I saw a mismatch left/right of one or two psi most of the day. Ride comfort was ever so slightly better, and I noticed an improvement in tracton on ice and snow. This morning, I went out before sunrise to adjust pressure again, and I had readings of 43+, which I could understand with the temperature being above 20 deg. Was going to reduce to 41, but after getting to the second tire I realized my digital gauge must be off (weak batteries) as I ended up with 38 all around based on TPMS system.

With 38, ride comfort is almost normal (Based on factory Dunlop ride), braking on ice and snow somewhat better, but the big noticable difference is handling on ice and snow. With the worn (37k miles) factory Dunlop's, and overinflated Nokian's, I would be breaking traction with under-steer. Now I have more of a neutral or balanced footprint, and all four tires break traction at the same time. Still have slight over-steer on the downhill, and slight under-steer on the uphill corners, which I can understand with the weight shift respectively.

Yesterday, I dropped tire pressure down to 42-psi. Even though it was 10 deg out, the sun was shining on one side and once I started driving around, I saw a mismatch left/right of one or two psi most of the day. Ride comfort was ever so slightly better, and I noticed an improvement in tracton on ice and snow. This morning, I went out before sunrise to adjust pressure again, and I had readings of 43+, which I could understand with the temperature being above 20 deg. Was going to reduce to 41, but after getting to the second tire I realized my digital gauge must be off (weak batteries) as I ended up with 38 all around based on TPMS system.

With 38, ride comfort is almost normal (Based on factory Dunlop ride), braking on ice and snow somewhat better, but the big noticable difference is handling on ice and snow. With the worn (37k miles) factory Dunlop's, and overinflated Nokian's, I would be breaking traction with under-steer. Now I have more of a neutral or balanced footprint, and all four tires break traction at the same time. Still have slight over-steer on the downhill, and slight under-steer on the uphill corners, which I can understand with the weight shift respectively.

Good feedback and it's great input like this that helps the next person.

Not directed at you and I apologize if I'm using this as an example.

It's with consistent feedback like this that has proven that RCTIP methodology is fundamentally flawed. Tuning of tire pressure has always been more than just about load tables, because there's so many variables at play. The original OEM tires and 33PSI on the sticker - that pressure requirement was never just load. It took into consideration stability, comfort, traction, mpg, etc.

To assume that LT tire pressures can be derived from some base pressure because it was only ever about load - bamboozle.

Derived extremes of 25PSI to 45PSI RCTIP, show it's intuitively wrong. Either someone is going to blow a tire Firestone style because of too low of pressure, or suffer a terrible ride or loss of control because of a too stiff tire bouncing down the road compromising handling and traction...

There's a wealth of feedback on these boards to better starting points for pressure but it's hard to find under all the bamboozling. We can do better for the community than RCTIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom