200 Series Ti key shell (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think my current planned design would accommodate this. It'll have a slot for the key, but the keyring is independent of the back up key. You could just not put a key in the slot and use the fob on it's own. Is that sort of what you had in mind?

Yes, my goal is simply to make the piece smaller. I don't carry keys in general and if I do, then small beats larger. I certainly am not interested in the key ring aspect. So just leave the metal key out and I am good to go?

Yes, my goal is simply to make the piece smaller. I don't carry keys in general and if I do, then small beats larger. I certainly am not interested in the key ring aspect. So just leave the metal key out and I am good to go?

Yes, I believe so. I'll try to put some time into aesthetics and get a render posted up this week.

Yes, I believe so. I'll try to put some time into aesthetics and get a render posted up this week.

My existing fob looks like the image from Markuson. The de-keyed fob imaged next to that style would allow a comparison of sizes. I could also just get a blank key, mill off the parts that are outside the fob and it would work just fine. But I do appreciate your respect for your work.

Alright here are some early renderings. I'm not happy with either as is so there will be a lot more work ahead, but I'd like to see which direction the crowd here likes more at this point. The function of the two designs is identical. No change in the overall footprint or mechanics of it all.

The Complex render shows some aesthetic details on the face of the remote to break up the outer border of the part.

The Plain render shows the very basic face with no aesthetic changes. All function, very plain.

Anyone have strong feelings one way or another? Both will receive a lot of touch up before going any further, but if the consensus is obviously one over another I'll focus on the popular option.

complexrender1a.jpg

plainrender1a.jpg

Top one looks good. Is there going to be anything on the rear? Toyota or Land Cruiser logo?

Since I'm trying to ramp this business up to something "real", I've been steering clear of including Trademarked logos. I think "Land Cruiser" on the back would look really good though...

I haven't done any design on the back so far, but do plan on adding something - whether it's ergonomic or aesthetic.

Since I'm trying to ramp this business up to something "real", I've been steering clear of including Trademarked logos. I think "Land Cruiser" on the back would look really good though...

I haven't done any design on the back so far, but do plan on adding something - whether it's ergonomic or aesthetic.

I wouldn’t mind either design but prefer the top one just from what I see from renderings. Land Cruiser on the back would probably look good too.

With that said...

218C31F3-92F6-4ECC-BC75-56FA4E45E304.jpeg

Understandable. If the Land Cruiser "logo" (basically the font) isn't trademarked that would be cool to have on the back. I don't think it would be but who knows.

I personally like the plain one. But my key doesn’t look like any of the ones posted so far. I have a 2018 with the power lift gate so I’m guessing won’t work with this iteration.

But if Land Cruiser is a no go. Maybe have it say 200 Series.

Since I'll feel it in my pocket about 1000x more than I look at it...I like the simple one.

If "TEQ" is off limits, maybe "200" would do.

About copyright... The guy who makes these seems to sell them without breaking the bank on his quality machined aluminum plates. Wonder if the old TEQ logo is now public domain?

Aluminum TEQ Badge Universal Black (Oval) | eBay

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 12.29.44 AM.png

Last edited:
Alright here are some early renderings. I'm not happy with either as is so there will be a lot more work ahead, but I'd like to see which direction the crowd here likes more at this point. The function of the two designs is identical. No change in the overall footprint or mechanics of it all.

The Complex render shows some aesthetic details on the face of the remote to break up the outer border of the part.

The Plain render shows the very basic face with no aesthetic changes. All function, very plain.

Anyone have strong feelings one way or another? Both will receive a lot of touch up before going any further, but if the consensus is obviously one over another I'll focus on the popular option.

View attachment 1641926

View attachment 1641927
My vote’s for the plain version.

I prefer the plain version. Go for simple and elegant, not complex. I would prefer to see some of the sharp corners radiused a little more.

I'd be up for a plain one.

I know you can't do this, but it would be sweet if there could be a switch on the thing somehow to kill the buttons, so you can't accidently push them when it's in your pocket. Even better if the switch also killed the proximity detection so you could leave a spare inside the truck somewhere.

Ya I know.... not possible. Just thinking...

Nice work, I appreciate your effort and attention to detail.

I like the simple one. think the ti clip is strong enough and the frame is rigid enough to use a beer bottle opener?

I also like the plain render, but what's up with the red dot to the top left of the buttons?

plainrender1a_zps89ntfklf.jpg

Mine has nothing there:

LC200KeyFob2_25JAN18_zpsbe44opk6.jpg

And what would the key release on the side look like?

LC200KeyFob3_25JAN18_zps3jmdhiln.jpg

Finally, I also like the idea of having the "TEQ" Toyota logo on the back.

HTH

I also like the plain render, but what's up with the red dot to the top left of the buttons?

plainrender1a_zps89ntfklf.jpg

Mine has nothing there:

LC200KeyFob2_25JAN18_zpsbe44opk6.jpg

And what would the key release on the side look like?

LC200KeyFob3_25JAN18_zps3jmdhiln.jpg

Finally, I also like the idea of having the "TEQ" Toyota logo on the back.

HTH

@gaijin the newer ones have a light near the lock/unlock buttons... guessing that's what is depicted. however, my light is on the right side of the buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom