200 Series Rear Exit/Handle Kit - Now Shipping! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@cruiseroutfit Kurt any chance of you doing something similar for GX470 owners? or has anyone fitted this to the 470?

(We officially have the s***tiest rear door of all Toyota/Lexus 4WD's)

@cruiseroutfit Kurt any chance of you doing something similar for GX470 owners? or has anyone fitted this to the 470?

(We officially have the s***tiest rear door of all Toyota/Lexus 4WD's)

A couple of our employees have GX470's so it's certainly something we can look into when the spring rush calms down.

Hi Kurt!

Does this kit also work on the 18+ with the auto hatch?

Thanks,
Joseph

I know we've sold a few to auto hatch owners, no reason it shouldn't work but wiring colors on the plug might be a tad different.

Long awaited parts arrived today from Japan so we are hustling putting orders together to fulfill all of our back orders. We should have a half dozen kits available for new orders too!

Kurt, thanks, I already ordered last week and looking forward to adding the release AND a light.

Encountered a situation last night where exiting through the hatch/tail gate would have been preferable.

Ordered.

@cruiseroutfit or others: I can't find the full instructions, but it appears some splicing of the factory loom is required. Could connectors be added to this kit to eliminate any splicing?

We've got an Air Down Gear Up customer interested in this and I'm trying to figure out how much labor time to estimate them and what connectors I might want to have on hand ahead of time if I were to attempt to eliminate any factory harness cutting.

This is a great solution. I was surprised when our 200 customer mentioned the lack of an interior switch. I envisioned something exactly like that and was glad to see someone else already cobbled together all the parts/templates. Nice work!

@cruiseroutfit or others: I can't find the full instructions, but it appears some splicing of the factory loom is required. Could connectors be added to this kit to eliminate any splicing?

We've got an Air Down Gear Up customer interested in this and I'm trying to figure out how much labor time to estimate them and what connectors I might want to have on hand ahead of time if I were to attempt to eliminate any factory harness cutting.

This is a great solution. I was surprised when our 200 customer mentioned the lack of an interior switch. I envisioned something exactly like that and was glad to see someone else already cobbled together all the parts/templates. Nice work!

Assuming those connectors could be found in both a male/female version it could be done. We did spend some time searching and inquiring with our OE style connector supplier and they were not able to match anything up. Hope that helps!

Assuming those connectors could be found in both a male/female version it could be done. We did spend some time searching and inquiring with our OE style connector supplier and they were not able to match anything up. Hope that helps!
Thanks. We did the install without any patch harness, but I was able to avoid cutting the illumination wires by releasing the terminals and using an open barrel butt splice to crimp the neck onto the kit wire and then used a new 090 II terminal on the end of the kit wire.

The switch wires are a bear. Tiny gauge and not much space to work with the crimper.

I'm still searching for the connectors. They're out there. If I can find info I'll share here. One end of the illumination one is available from Toyota so one down.

PXL_20210622_163856108.MP.jpg

PXL_20210622_163921108.MP.jpg

Thanks. We did the install without any patch harness, but I was able to avoid cutting the illumination wires by releasing the terminals and using an open barrel butt splice to crimp the neck onto the kit wire and then used a new 090 II terminal on the end of the kit wire.

The switch wires are a bear. Tiny gauge and not much space to work with the crimper.

I'm still searching for the connectors. They're out there. If I can find info I'll share here. One end of the illumination one is available from Toyota so one down.

View attachment 2717562

View attachment 2717563

Nice, very tidy!

Of you find those connectors, we would love to hear about it :cool:

Kurt-

Any update on the GX option?

Asking for a friend....

:grinpimp:

Sorry, I've not had a chance to look into it. The Mrs has a GX but she pretty much doesn't let me have it in the shop :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom