200 and LX 570 Roof Rack Photos or Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I raise you a home remodeling with a Mk4 Jetta.

The obvious problem here is that this guy needs that Yakima rack mounted on the Prius in the earlier post.

@Markuson I too like to live dangerously.

I raise you a home remodeling with a Mk4 Jetta.
View attachment 1462065

Ha, the old lumber Jetta, seen this one for years on the VW/Audi forums :)

I ran into the lumber Prius a while back at my home depot. Not as egregious as lumber Jetta but just as stupid.

IMG_20140712_201105_zpsdeb9fdcb.jpg

How ironic, a vehicle meant to be better for the environment, hauling a dead tree carcass on its roof.

Ya, but everyone knows the Ice Age ended cuz too many woolly mammoths drove SUVs... :bang:

Last edited:
This is on the more subtle end. I disliked the stock LX570 rack as it was on the shorter end of useful length. The LC rack by comparison extends about another 12". Which is useful for ski and roof box mounts for example.

View attachment 1459464
Did you buy the OEM land cruiser side rails or are those after market?

Also, anyone selling their landcruiser side rails?

Last edited:
They are OEM, but I believe for an overseas market.

Ebay! IIRC, there's a ton of different ones on there.

Ebay! IIRC, there's a ton of different ones on there.

Whew...after searching eBay, I agree: there are a ton of them. But that's the problem - too many to choose from. If you remember, would you care to share exactly which supplier and which kit you installed? I'd like to (once again) take advantage of your experience and mitigate the risk of getting something of poor quality.

FrontRunner

5F60CDA7-CE4B-4B7A-A520-2C146DD5EE90.jpeg

Whew...after searching eBay, I agree: there are a ton of them. But that's the problem - too many to choose from. If you remember, would you care to share exactly which supplier and which kit you installed? I'd like to (once again) take advantage of your experience and mitigate the risk of getting something of poor quality.

Sorry - I was asking which OEM-like LC rails he bought. I want to extend the length of my rails from LX to LC length. There are a ton of kits to do that I had hoped to get one a member was happy with.

Has anyone removed the factory roof rails on a Lexus LX570? How do I go about doing so? Trying to add a rack. Thanks!

View attachment 1984579

View attachment 1984580

That question deserves it's own thread due to the change in the roof rack on the LX570. Prior to year xxxx they were the same as on the LC and it's been covered extensively.

If you are the 1st to tackle the newer side rails I recommend you get a Toyota TIS subscription and look up the factory method of installation and removal.

HTH.

This is what TIS says about the roof carrier on the 2019

And here's the info on the drip moulding

I exported the info on removing the headliner in the attached PDF but didn't try to screenshot it since it's quite long... not sure if it's necessary since sometimes Toyota includes every possible thing to remove (like how they want to drain the brake system to swap the rear springs) but it's here for posterity.

Attachments

• INTERIOR PANELS _ TRIM_ ROOF HEADLINING_ REMOVAL; 2019 MY LX570 [08_2018 -        ].pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 309
Still love my Gamiviti. As mentioned, Tim will customize it anyway you want.

I put the full grid on mine. Doing it over I would have thought about the RTT mounts and Tim would have left empty spaces were you have to reach in and bolt on. It still works fine for mounting the RTT

You can see the thin grid in the last picture. The thought was I would have more places to use bungy cords
Gamiviti.JPG

gami2.JPG

Gami3.JPG

gami4.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom