1fz mpg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gallons instead of tank would give more accurate reading. Mine is on E with only 18-19 needed to fill up

Truck is pretty new to me, and my first 80. I am sure it has the original gas tank. Not sure how big it is. It was full when I picked it up, on E when I got it home (240 miles). Just trying to get to know it, and see what needs work and what dosnt.

BTW, when the gauge says "E" you still have about 4-5 gallons left. 25 gallon tank.

In stock condition, 1FZ 80's got 12 to 15 MPG according to the monroney sticker.
15251953272548183027882117540814.jpg

Yea I was told that they are extremely hard on fuel. Not a big concern for me. I just don’t know what’s normal 80 stuff and what need to be fixed. I’ve never had one before, and don’t know anybody who has one.

I get 11.5 around town and 10.5 on the interstate... Its a brick with a Top hat on as far as aerodynamics go. That and it weighs in at 6720 lbs before camping gear.. add camping gear,fuel ,water and my wife and I its over 7400 lbs easy on a camp trip!
I'm also rolling on 315's with the 10% under-drive high range gears in the transfer case.

Last edited:
A better way to look at it may be as gallons per hour. About 4 on average. I'm trying to get to 3GPH but need to run AC with windows open to get close.

Yea I was told that they are extremely hard on fuel. Not a big concern for me. I just don’t know what’s normal 80 stuff and what need to be fixed. I’ve never had one before, and don’t know anybody who has one.
Luckily you joined mud, and nearly everyone here has an 80 or LX450 in this section. Or they wish they did. So now you know lots of people who have them. You should go out an celebrate and buy something cool for your new cruiser.

The only way my truck ever gets close to 15 MPG would be if i was falling down a mine shaft with a strong tail wind.
Any of those mine shafts lead to the Sierra's or Utah or?

Luckily you joined mud, and nearly everyone here has an 80 or LX450 in this section. Or they wish they did. So now you know lots of people who have them. You should go out an celebrate and buy something cool for your new cruiser.

Yea I bought it knowing both gear sets are on the way out, I bought 4.88s and an arb rear locker to put in soon. Water pump, fan clutch, and therm also. Happy to do it though, that’s half the fun. I do love buying part$

What's the correct mpg correction for those on 4.88s and 35s?

I've been using say 240 miles on the odo * .93 / indicated gallons on the fuel pump readout = mpg

You should go out an celebrate and buy something cool for your new cruiser.
Like some gas.

:lol:

I haven't calculated my mileage recently, but I seem to get about 12mpg. As others have said here, the tank is 25 gallons. For me, when the warning light comes on, I have about 4-5 gallons left in the tank.

I get about 220-240 on 20 Gallons ( just when the light first comes on)...
Not too bad for 3-FE on 37s and armors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom