Under 8 MPG (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually, I don't know for sure what the stock tire size was that were put on them/mine in 1992, the 31x10.5 is what was on it when I bought it and they seemed to correlate with the odometer. I've only had the 35's on now for about two weeks, but I've been using it as my daily since then and I'm on my 3rd tank of gas, so the 200 miles/tank was thus far a "lucky" scenario. :)
The door card with the tire pressure info should also give the OEM tire size that it shipped with.

It was probably a 275/70 R16 which has a static diameter slightly over 31" so a 31X10.5 would have the speedo pretty much spot on.

Frank

It was probably a 275/70 R16 which has a static diameter slightly over 31" so a 31X10.5 would have the speedo pretty much spot on.

Frank
I believe he has an FJ80 with the 15" wheels. They're the same style as found on 90's 4Runners and 4WD pickups. They look cool IMO.

4.11s are stock 🤷‍♂️
And it really depends on the tire, very few are what they say on the side wall.
But that’s another thread
I meant 4.56's and 35's resolve to the correct speed reading on the dash. Was typing too fast, didn't proofread. Yes 4.11 is the stock ratio for sure.

I believe he has an FJ80 with the 15" wheels. They're the same style as found on 90's 4Runners and 4WD pickups. They look cool IMO.
That's a good point. I think I saw a reference to a 275, that might have been for the 15" wheel. Can't recall, too many years, too many beers.

I apologize, I know we are getting off topic. Just maybe killing time until we hear what the shop has to say.

Frank

This. Probably not the source of your issue, but possibly a contributing factor. If you are running LT tires and inflated to the P metric PSI you can see an 8-10% mileage hit from being under inflated. Factory pressure spec is only applicable to factory tire spec.

There's no way that a stock rig should be getting 8 or 9 MPG just because it has LT stock tires that are inflated to P tire pressure.

I'm seeing 14 MPG, consistently, with 265/75R16 (a hair taller, a hair narrower) LT E-rated tires. I am sure they're not anywhere near 45 PSI.

Now it might make some % difference, sure, but it doesn't explain 8-9MPG.

There's no way that a stock rig should be getting 8 or 9 MPG just because it has LT stock tires that are inflated to P tire pressure.

I'm seeing 14 MPG, consistently, with 265/75R16 (a hair taller, a hair narrower) LT E-rated tires. I am sure they're not anywhere near 45 PSI.

Did you not read the first sentence? But you should be getting closer to 16-17 with that size

Is this rig not turbo?

Ok, hopefully found the source of the rough idle at cold & bad gas mileage!!!

The shop called me today & stated one of the wires going into the MAF had come loose from the connector.

Said it’s better now.

I should have it back to me sometime this week. I’ll then put a full tank of fuel through it & report the results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom