1997 Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you deserve a new, 0 mile odometer after this degree of work, which I have one somewhere if interested.

And new carpet!

Ha, thanks.

I was able to get a new front OEM carpet that is stored away until after the paint job. Haven't been able to find the rear wheel-well carpets or the rear main carpet, so I'll just have to clean those up.

I don't mind keeping the original number of miles on the odometer. Looking forward to seeing the number start with a 3 years from now.

Ha, thanks.

I was able to get a new front OEM carpet that is stored away until after the paint job. Haven't been able to find the rear wheel-well carpets or the rear main carpet, so I'll just have to clean those up.

I don't mind keeping the original number of miles on the odometer. Looking forward to seeing the number start with a 3 years from now.

Kinda the same way on miles….. your project is an unrealized dream of mine, and my hats off to you.

Interesting that the new frames come pre-corroded at the top where the seam is welded. Must be NOS.

2B9DB15E-886C-48C3-863C-C1E72D2D396C.jpeg

341C0227-CC4A-4C2B-9339-AA5D1A2450EE.jpeg

Maybe I should hit them with self-etching primer to slow down the corrosion?

Waiting on parts to finish the rear windows. Today, I taped them up so I could take her out for a drink.

Also, whenever I would run the engine since rebuild, I would open the gas cap and it would release a lot of pressure, so I installed a new 105-series charcoal canister and that problem is now solved.

1678563657550.png

Installed the rear quarter windows and got other odds and ends done and have been driving it around on short trips to put the initial miles on it.

Got the A/C charged and it is holding pressure. The compressor kicked right in at the shop, but didn’t turn on the next day. There is pressure in the system still and there is voltage at the wire, so I think I need to adjust the shims in the clutch assembly.

Got an alignment done too:
IMG_2473.jpeg

Installed a new head unit, reverse cam, and dash cam. All Kenwood.

Used the same pathway that the license plate bulb wires take.

A zip tie to fish the wire through from underneath:

1681992098507.png

1681992149195.png

Made a second hole next to where the wire comes in from the license plate bulbs and used the grommet that came with the reverse cam:

1681992218365.png

End result is a disconnection point inside the hatch just like for the bulbs to make it easy to remove the bulb assembly or the entire hatch.

1681992306597.png

Finished product:

1681992341605.png

Previously tried to install a new antenna mast into the existing power antenna body, but couldn't get it to retract all the way. Not only that, but I couldn't get the new nut on the top to secure the unit to the fender. Turns out that some of the threads came off the top when the nut was removed a couple of years ago when I started this project.

So I said screw it and bought the manual antenna mast (86300-60030) since I hardly use the radio anyway.

Was able to pull the old antenna wire out into the fender with a pull-string tied to it. Then used the string to pull the new wire in along the same pathway.

Took some contorting, a couple of scrapes and cuts, and some patience, but it is now hooked up and I now have an antenna that is not flopping around along with some great reception for the radio I never use.

Since the power antenna assembly is shot, someday I'll tear it apart and see what junk is inside of where the plastic whip is supposed to go.

If someone wants a new power antenna mast with the toothed plastic whip for a 1997, hit me up.

Long time since I posted, but I wasn't doing much with the rig other than driving it. The engine rebuild now has > 4,600 miles on it with no apparent issues.

Here is the most recent Blackstone report.

1711400667453.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom