1997 Land Cruiser Anniversary Editions Explained.... (1 Viewer)

Did you find this useful?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All in good timing as there was other interest in the truck. Someone he talk to made an offer, but was out of town. He told me he will coming later in the afternoon. I Was only 20 minutes away and told him I’ll be over. Talk to him in person. I offer $500 more.

Did the CEs get a swag pack like the 40ths? Glossy brochures, CD, letter, etc.....

So I have a 1997 40th anniversary edition with a number of 4693. Do the numbers account for both the CE and 40th versions? Thanks,

No, just the 40th anniversary editions, the CE’s were not numbered or in that count.

A comment on the Collector’s Edition notes...

“The only factory options that could be changed was to add diff locks and/or change the color.”

In addition to that, no factory roof rack.

Last edited:
All very cool information, I am uncetrain of the source and assume it is accurate.

One observation regarding the 40th Anniversary numbers, they must have not started at 1 or they skipped several numbers due to there being several reported in the 4###’s and there being less than 4000 produced. These badges were just arbitrarily installed at port in no certain numerical order, likely since this was happening in multiple port locations.

Great information. Have a 1B2 Antique Sage Pearl, No. 0653. Originally owned by MLB All Star MVP Julio Franco, that I bought from his brother in law. Need to check about the differential locks. I unfortunately lent it to my brother in law, and it needs some cosmetic work. 175k miles. Have OEM rims too of course.

Will be going to market soon. I actually just watched a zoom on cars and watches, and the speakers said these are now on their "hot list" for 2021.

Last edited:
Factory locker code will be on the driver door vin plate. Under the bar code Near the middle of the sequence. You are looking for K294 which indicates factory FF and RR lockers.

K292 is non locked.

The VIN does not include that information. There is a build sticker on the drivers door that indicates the axle code. A K292 is unlocked, K294 is locked. All vehicles ABS will be full float.

A comment on the Collector’s Edition notes...

“The only factory options that could be changed was to add diff locks and/or change the color.”

In addition to that, no factory roof rack. Mine is one of the nine mentioned below, but I do not have factory roof rack.

“The most rare Collector Edition was a two-tone green/gray exterior with diff locks (9 built in this configuration).”

So two-tone green/gray exterior… Is this actually two-tone or does it just mean the gray side molding?

So two-tone green/gray exterior… Is this actually two-tone or does it just mean the gray side molding?
From the top of the belt molding down and the fender flares.

Got it. Don't think I have ever seen one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom