Builds 1995 full resto build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is a smooth engine, mine sounds like a blender with some one's finger stuck in it ...... great job !

Decided to install this while we can still get them.

D0B554F0-778E-40DB-9B91-BB1AE7A2B92E.jpeg

D289B92F-A7B6-497A-A794-D470F4C3B97C.jpeg

New

13CBF09B-EF45-4F9F-BAF0-E6089E272207.jpeg

Old

0B4F4092-FD98-4DA4-B05E-548342425B09.jpeg

Cheers

It pays to think ahead.
20221216_204323.jpg

Great build and documentation.

This is giving me PTSD from my house Reno. I thought it was going to be a 4 month, $80k project. Instead, it was a 1 year, 8 days, and $510k project. But we got it how we wanted it. People hear the number and sometimes wonder where the money went, and my answer is always, “In the attention to detail.”

What's the typical service life of a new T disti?

My original is alive and well at 30 years. Knock on wood. :steer:

What's the typical service life of a new T disti?

As Dan said, a long time. Parts like these will be going NLA before long though.

Cheers

As Dan said, a long time. Parts like these will be going NLA before long though.

Cheers

The housings, which are basically a complete distributor less the cap and rotor, have been discontinued for about 3 years or so. They were less than half the cost of the complete distributor.

Is there a recommended break-in/start procedure for a fresh rebuild?

The housings, which are basically a complete distributor less the cap and rotor, have been discontinued for about 3 years or so. They were less than half the cost of the complete distributor.

Right, point being parts are going NLA all the time for the 80-series.

Cheers

Great build and documentation.

I thought it was going to be a 4 month, $80k project. Instead, it was a 1 year, 8 days, and $510k project. But we got it how we wanted it. People hear the number and sometimes wonder where the money went, and my answer is always, “In the attention to detail.”
Are you the owner of this beautiful 80 ?
Are these factual numbers ? $510k seems astronomically High.

I did High end home remodeling before I retired, my companies motto was quality work with attention to detail ! it was very common for the cost to be double the estimate do to change orders and up grades. but 6 + times as much, in 40 years I never saw anything like that.

Are you the owner of this beautiful 80 ?
Are these factual numbers ? $510k seems astronomically High.

I did High end home remodeling before I retired, my companies motto was quality work with attention to detail ! it was very common for the cost to be double the estimate do to change orders and up grades. but 6 + times as much, in 40 years I never saw anything like that.
I’m not the owner of the 80 this thread is dedicated to.

$510k was actual, but I don’t want to derail the thread with details. I have a spreadsheet that shows what really drove up the costs if you want to discuss over PM.

That thing looks so dang good, I really dig the black with a yellow bumper. It's like something in nature saying Watch Out!!!!! You don't want to mess with me.

mmm-homer-simpson.gif

Also, we are replacing all the seat motors still available. One was the last in Japan and got snatched up before I could get it, driver’s recliner. Been told this is now NLA. Out of the nine motors we have gotten six, one still pending which may or may not come in. Looking like the end of the line for these for 80-series.

F5E23A2A-ADE6-40C6-ACAE-9001D4CA1714.jpeg
6BD210A5-2AA7-40E3-9F63-942FCC464DC4.jpeg
26869034-1B9D-4B9D-87B5-DEE1CA4DBFC1.jpeg

Cheers

That thing looks so dang good, I really dig the black with a yellow bumper. It's like something in nature saying Watch Out!!!!! You don't want to mess with me.

View attachment 3197177

Yellow is tape man to protect it and keep it scratch free while we build the Cruiser.

Somebody said the same thing but hated it on IG for Johns 79-series we are building. Blue tape on that one.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom