FAQ 1995-1997 1FZ-FE FZJ80 OBD2 Main Engine Wiring Harness Connector Information (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Onur

What is the one for the AC compressor ?

both will work on 95-97 rear defrost switch

for those who want to wire without butt splicing, terminal connectors:
22-20 AWG wire, Yazaki p/n: 7116-4025 (alt gold plated p/n: 7116-4028-08)
18-16 AWG wire, Yazaki p/n: 7116-4026 (alt gold plated p/n: 7116-4029-08)
14 AWG wire, Yazaki p/n: 7116-4027

After recently dealing with the entire wiring harness on my first engine refresh, I too got excited seeing fresh wiring. I have issues...

What issues are you having? I ask because i have a new harness hanging in the garage and i've almost motivated myself into replacing that bad boy... almost.

View attachment 1419205

Beno,

I believe the clips is shown in your original picture of the new wiring harness. I'm just starting my build back up after moving and renovating our house so unfortunately I've 'misplaces' the other half to the clip and only have what's left on the firewall for reference.

Thanks,

Andrew
View attachment 1419212
I'm not sure why the other photo didn't work on the first post.

wireharnessclamp.jpg

That clamp is available. Thanks to jay who tracked it down.

Mystery wiring harness clamp

I have been using these button zip tie things since my fox body Mustang days. My harness mount was broken so I just drilled a hole, pushed in my button mount and slid in my zip tie. They are reusable with a new zip tie and work well. I was careful when I drilled into the mount to not touch any of the factory dimples just in case I do want to order that part and slide it back on, i doubt it though. I think I got them from Fastenal.

20170503_191539.jpg

20170503_191610.jpg

20170503_192011.jpg

Does anyone know how to remove and replace the housing if the starter connector (90980-11400)

IMG_8190.JPG

What issues are you having? I ask because i have a new harness hanging in the garage and i've almost motivated myself into replacing that bad boy... almost.

Sorry @concretejungle , I missed your post. My issues are that I performed a "while I'm in there" maneuver. In hindsight, I should have just worked on the head rather than pull the entire engine and seal everything up tight. I replaced every gasket, seal, hose, clamp, and consumable. I was too far in $$$ wise and used the old wiring harness. Initially everything was working great. In august I took a road trip to Coopers Rock State Park in WV with my daughter. We met up with my dad/step-mom and hung out. Apparently moving the aged wiring harness caused the insulation to open up in several places along the harness. All my grounds are solid but I believe the moisture has caught up with the open wires on the loom. The injectors were faulting and it is impossible to nail down. I am in the process of pulling the wiring harness, cutting it open, replacing corroded wires, and sealing everything back up. That has been put on hold because I bought a 60 series that is in dire need of refurbishment and that old machine has really peaked my interest. I really just need to save up for the new harness and replace it.

Help! Can anyone tell me what the eyelet wire goes to in my photo? Did I a rebuild and this is the only thing that I cant remember or didnt take a picture of. It comes out of the wire harness down by the starter but it is not the starter wire. I see it in the picture above but no description for it. A shove in the rift direction would be greatly appreciated!

4DAEA926-D136-4F09-A45F-0EC4CA461A7E.jpeg

Looks like the ground strap that goes to the bottom of the intake manifold.

Where does this connect to on the engine please help

View attachment 1985866
Help! Can anyone tell me what the eyelet wire goes to in my photo? Did I a rebuild and this is the only thing that I cant remember or didnt take a picture of. It comes out of the wire harness down by the starter but it is not the starter wire. I see it in the picture above but no description for it. A shove in the rift direction would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1940037
Looks like the ground strap that goes to the bottom of the intake manifold.

Surprised these are still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom